How Is My Game?

So recently I worked 6 months to make a game all on my own. Including modelling, scripting, animating, gfx, ui design, building, etc

It took me a while to learn most of them but I think it paid off in the end

You can view the game here

I’d like to get feedback on this so I can improve on it further, this is also to learn what I can do to gain engagement if youre willing to share some of that information with me

6 Likes

It’s really fun and I enjoyed the game.

1 Like

aye thanks man, trying to get it out there

1 Like

Good world building but I have no idea how to actually play the game. Everytime I click start match, it says I’m already in match? Also, after the ‘You’re premium’ prompt when joining for the first time, there were two ‘click me’ buttons, one of which refuses to disappear.

3 Likes

will fix, also when u create a match, u cannot create another and it takes u to the view page where you can invite people?

oh so i need multiple players to play

okay i played with a player this time. it is INCREDIBLY confusing for a new player. Despite the controls on the left, I had no idea how to shoot properly. Everytime I shot, I couldn’t get it in but the other player made every shot. Maybe it’s a skill issue, but a tutorial with an NPC on how to play the game with it’s different controls would be SUPER useful. You should also introduce controls slowly as trying to take in all the controls on the left is super stressful when you’re trying to beat your opponent, since the opponent is constantly trying to get the ball of you while you’re still taking in the controls and trying to figure out how to play. Maybe start off with basic shooting or some sort of training before you’re allowed to play matches.

Your game mechanics are incredible though, it’s pretty smooth to play. I’m no chad gamer so I struggled to figure out how to play and received no satisfaction due to my first loss. I assume most people who try to play the game for the first time would be discouraged by a loss instead of a win, hence I suggest some of the first matches to be AI based rather than PvP.

Also, you should not be able to invite yourself to a match. The matchmaking system is extremely confusing, I struggled to figure out how to start a match. After someone invited me, I started to understand how the system works.

Image of my username, Lightning_Game27 being visible in my own match invites.

1 Like

thank you for the criticism, ill fix the match invite thing. This game caters to the roblox basketball community and even if someone new nothing about basketball i think the first time they shoot they would understand its a charge and release system because of how the meter moves, theres a tutorial on how to make a match, and joining a match automatically chooses the best position for you, and making a match automatically chooses the least occupied court, I’ve had plenty of people play my game today and Ive never heard of anyone having said problem

This is a youtuber who got the controls on the first try

3 Likes

You have a point, maybe I’m just an inexperienced player. But I just thought I’d bring it to your attention, since if I had this issue, at least one other player would have had the issue.

But I love how you have scripted the game, it’s extremely cool to see all the moves and the mechanics, I just wish I could’ve used it better.

1 Like

Its cool, as long as you had fun playing man

1 Like