How is this semi-realistic reflection achieved?

ignore the avatar, but look the reflection on the top of the part the avatar standing on, No its not a illusion trick or somethin, BUT HOW??

Where did you get this image from?

There is a external program that is very famous that make any tradicional game be reflective using screen space reflex technique that works with roblox, this is probably how he makes this photo, there is alot of video in youtube that uses this program and is very similar.

1 Like

its not really reflective tho? are you sure its not just a pbr material?

That i remember pbr textures can’t reflect anything

from a friend. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s possible that they used a custom shader software to achieve this. I would recommend asking them how they got it to look like that.

nope, he recorded with roblox recording, and somehow it still reflects (roblox recorder does not support shaders)

The recorder doesn’t affect shaders since it only records the screen itself. Do you have a link of the place your friend joined?

yeah, the game is called ‘‘steeps step’’, thats much i can remember.

steep steeps doesn’t has ground reflection

then whats the crazy reflection?

if it’s not a external program then idk how he made that

1 Like

It has to be an external program then. Most likely RoShade.

1 Like

It’s probably an external program, idk any way possible to do something like that

there is something that you would see in roblox tiktok called shaders

They are probably using ReShade with Roblox Studio.

The most common trick I see is putting semi-transparent glass just above the floor, or taking metal, setting its reflectivity to max, making it semi-transparent, and putting it just above the floor.