How many scripts do you usually use in your games?

How many scripts do you usually use in your Roblox games? 10 50 100 or more? Tell me Below!

4 Likes

Depends on what game it is.
Simulator: 100+
Roleplay: 300+
Story: 100+

That’s just me (also i don’t really know how to script but this is based on work ethic)

1 Like

Wow Thats a lot thanks for answering my question. :grinning:

Actully I don’t make games but most games will have hundreds of scripts.

When I first made my semi-popular game, I used to have like over 35-50 scripts inside ServerScriptService, and my gosh was it so messy to organize

But eventually as time passed, I went & resorted to using either 10-15 scripts mainly cause:

• It’s more optimized & organized so that you can call your coroutines and other functions smoothly

• You can easily define your variables inside the script without having to individually go through each script

• It feels satisfying (Yes)

The amount of scripts usually also depend on how much performance your game can handle as well, especially if they’re in the workspace doing different things

Also I do think this belongs in #development-discussion :thinking: This is #help-and-feedback:scripting-support, mainly used to help people with issues relevant to scripting errors and such

I use around 10 - 50 scripts because I like to merge scripts because It would be messy if I have a lot of scripts, I also do this because It’ll be easier to make changes to a script and less performance.

Yeah this probably should be in #development-discussion.

The less scripts, the better. Instead of putting individual scripts, I like to clone a script and place them in specific parts using for i,v in pairs. So for example, instead of writing 50 scripts that are for 50 kill bricks, I would make 1 script, put all the kill bricks in a folder, and clone the script into all the bricks. Just the little things lmao. Overall for my games I would say right around 30-40? Not even. Usually my entire systems can fit into a single script. It all depends on the kind of game.

Intresting… Thanks for the answer @funnyfunns. I appreciate it. :grinning:

Oh Sorry. I’m New so I thought this is where it would go thanks though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like