How may i disable the UniqueID property?

Hello, I am a Roblox game developer.
I enjoy(ed) Roblox.
But there is one new feature that really gets on my nerves.
UniqueIDs.
How can I disable these?
anoyyingid
I am not fond of these, and I am not used to seeing them. They irritate me, and that is what I hate.

2 Likes

You cant delete it. All of those are meant to be important stuff on the object and (Idk if this is true or not but I think they do) But for your question on how can you disable it you cannot disable it.

Save the file as .rbxl instead of .rbxlx and they should dissappear.

If that doesn’t work, you may need to uninstall, clean %localappdata%\Roblox, then reinstall Studio.

The UniqueID property is supposed to not ever show up, as it’s meant to be a unique string specific to each instance.

1 Like

ohhhhhh thats weird, im working on an interminable rooms fangame and still see it

Hi @Rhodizites , we are trying to move studio towards a future where there is a more open system overall for developers, and showing UniqueIDs is part of this. We have rolled back showing UniqueIDs for now as there was an unforeseen issue causing them to be editable. We will be reintroducing this feature once it is resolved, thanks for your patience!

6 Likes

oh ok, i am glad you are doing this. BUT ADD AN OPTION TO DISABLE THIS! I HATE IT!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.