How much game-pass revenue per unique visitor is a good amount?

My simulator game averages 55 robux spent on gamepass per unique visitor and averages 2.2 robux per visit. How does that compare to other games? Is that a lot or little?

6 Likes

It depends how you utilise the gamepasses in the game. Most games are different in their ways, so they’re going have different implementations into monetising their game. Also, all games vary in average concurrent players so that differentiates when comparing with other games.

Find different games in your sort of category and ask the developers what their averages are. If they comply, then you can do whatever you need to do to make your game more liable to make money. 55 Robux per unique visitor isn’t bad for a game

You’ll need a couple hundred thousand place visits to really get some realistic numbers. I remember 2-3 years ago the 3rd most earning game had about 11 robux per place visit on average and only a couple thousand players online.

Typical games have something like 3-8 robux per place visit (not per unique player).

4 Likes

How does everyone get so high numbers??

55 robux per unique visitor is crazy!

I don’t track unique visitors but i get under 1 robux per visit.

11 Likes

How exactly do you calculate this?

1 Like

Developer stats

1 Like

Thanks!

Found out mine is average 23 Robux per visitor.
My game has 2.5 million visits but not really any super functional gamepasses (all small cosmetic features)

2 Likes

Finding this by dev stats if your game is on multiple platforms is basically worthless. You want to categorize by platform so you can see your weak spots and improve that platform specifically, but Roblox doesn’t differentiate dev stats by platform.

Where are you getting this? My game is estimated 1.25 robux per computer visit. On desktop top earning it’s consistently higher in the sort than on the popular sort, which would imply the typical game has less than 1.25 robux earned per visit.

3 Likes

I worked with a developer at the time and had access to dev stats. I divided robux earned by place visits.

1 Like

I meant how do you get that based on one anecdotal evidence, “typical games” have the same ratio? How did that game compare to others on the popular sort vs top earning sort? Obviously (overtime / on average) games nominally high on popular but low on top earning have low visit:robux ratios, and vice versa.

Idk. I’ve had a few front page games over the years and that was the highest I’ve seen. I know for certain that a couple of the top 40 earning games have a 4:1 ratio.

3 Likes

Yeah I believe that, there’s gotta be a semi-strong correlation of top earning spot and visit:robux ratio.

Around number 140 it’s a lot less visit:robux ratio than that to be above average of that area

1 Like

You can get a rough estimate on how well a games monitization is doing by comparing the amount of concurrent players to the spot on the top earning list.

For example Vehicle Simulator gets a higher spot that Phantom Forces with only half of the players so the average player consequently spends on average roughly twice as much money or more on VH that he does on PF.

2 Likes

To a flimsy degree, but there could be differences in avg visit length.

Game 1
(assume excel sheet)
A1: Visits in an hour: 4000
B1: Avg visit length: 12.5
You’d expect the concurrent player count to be:
A1*(B1/60) = 833
(the logic here is players spend on average X mins, so divide that out of an hour and multiply by amount of visits in that hour to get concurrent players)

Game 2
A1: Visits in an hour: 6000
B1: Avg visit length: 16
Concurrent players approx: 1600

So if these games are right next to each-other on top earning, you would think that game 2 has half the visits:robux ratio as game 1. For that to be the case, game 2 would have needed to get 8000 visits in the hour, not 6000.

(and I’ve tested the concurrent player calc within 6% of error (because game’s avg visit time changes a bit hour to hour). but that was only tested once. I encourage others to try this too)

3 Likes

My game, Treasure Hunt Simulator is #3 earning on desktop right now. It makes a little over 1 robux per visit.

4 Likes

I’m getting about 3 to 6 per unique user and around 400 average per paying user which of course varies by device. Visits aren’t reliable for tracking unique users since the same person can visit multiple times. To get these numbers you would have to use some 3rd party analytics because honestly Developer Stats is horrible. There’s a Game Analytics tutorial somewhere in tutorial section that will track average revenue per user which is what you want to be looking at if anyones interested

3 Likes

Yeah same, I got to 2nd on top earning last year with around 1 robux per visit. There are certainly games that have higher ratios than this but in terms of a “typical game” its probably around 1 robux per visit.

And also - I think when games get to the front page, a lot of “noobs” (for lack of a better word) play the game which reduces the robux per visit by a lot.

7 Likes