How much is 20k studs?

Hi there guys i wanted to know how big 20k studs is as i am working for a project and i need an estimate of the map can someone make a baseplate of tht size

1 Like

4 studs is a width of a player. A player can normally traverse 16 studs per second by foot. The length to be 5000 players wide, meaning the density player per surface is relatively low. You travel 1250 seconds to cross the entire map.

Too bad a baseplate’s maximum size is 2048 squared(even cubic).

4 Likes

Making an edge of a shape 20000 studs is impossible. The maximum value you can use is 2048. And also 20k X 20k is really long. Here are the photos how I explain;

2000 X 2000 studs:

Unified baseplates:

Guess how it is long.

2 Likes

Parts have a max size, so I’ve tiled 100 baseplates that are each 2000 studs wide. This is essentially a 20,000 by 20,000 stud map.

Place file here: Baseplate20k.rbxl (22.0 KB)

Code used to generate it here:

t=game.ReplicatedStorage.Baseplate for x=1,10 do for z=1,10 do b=t:clone() b.Name=b.Name..x..','..z b.CFrame=CFrame.new(Vector3.new(x-5.5,0,z-5.5)*2000) b.Parent=workspace end end
3 Likes

where shall i add this script? In the workplace or somewhere else

1 Like

write this script in the command bar, with baseplate being in replicated storage

1 Like

You can put the baseplate into ReplicatedStorage and then run the code in the studio command bar. You could also just use the place file or copy the baseplates from place file.

According to my Maths teacher, 20k studs is about 20k studs mate, hope this helps.

3 Likes

Making a map that size isn’t recommended because cframes and vectors after just a few thousand studs from origin will increase in floating point errors.