How much is the Average price of a small tycoon build?

Hello everyone, I am DorianOG a newer developer the to developer forums. So I just have a few questions when it comes to developing my first game. I am looking to also pay in USD.

I am looking to make a smaller game, with a low-poly theme, on a low - poly island. I am not looking for any really big builds, just maybe like a medium map, such as a tycoon map.

I am also wondering what the average cost of the project would be, If you could leave a estimated price it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

If you’re talking specifically about the area surrounding the tycoon bases, and it’s just a low-poly island, I’d say $75-100 is reasonable. The tycoons, on the other hand, depending on the size, would probably be around $150-$200.

Hey DorianOG!

If you’d like to gauge prices to pay commission I’d like for you to consider the minimum wage and the hours the developer spent on your game. This eventually stacks up unless you both agreed to a flat rate.

Modes of Payment:

Flat Rate: You’re paying someone once for a product.

Percentage: The contractor is given a percentage of ALL your game’s revenue until he is removed from the whitelist.

Answer:

Although it depends on who you ask, do expect for prices to be rather high when speaking to experienced contractors.

For your project, I’d pay the contractor anywhere from $30-$150 USD

Goodluck!