How much it cost developing games group games like cafes, restaurants or schools...?

This question has been going around my head for a while. I’m really curious about finally knowing an approximate of the cost of building a game like that.

Since I started on Roblox I had this stupid dream of running my own group-game and after a lot of time I would like to finally accomplish it. But I’m a bit scared about the costs since as you might imagine, I don’t have much funds for working on it.

Even tho, it would be great if someone could give me an approximate of how much would cost a project like that. So maybe in a near future I could have the funds needed.

5 Likes

its pretty much only 100 robux (to make the group), and you can do everything for free without hiring people!

3 Likes

I took a group over for a friend in 2016. It had 42 members, no group games, and no activity. Now, that group is about to break 5k members, it has 18 group games, and is the most active in it’s category. Would you believe me if I told you that I didn’t spend any robux on it?

If you’re starting a group from scratch you of course need the 100R to start the group on Roblox, but there is a common misconception that you can’t do anything on Roblox without money, which simply isn’t true. Robux does make it easier and sometimes quicker, but if you’re willing to put in the work and do it consistently you shouldn’t have to put a dime into the group.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! and I wish things could be that easy for me, but unfortunately they aren’t since my knowledge about building/scripting is minimum. My field is Roblox graphics.

Which means that I would have to hire developers and along my way (my personal case), I’ve never met anyone up to working for free or for low prices.

2 Likes

I knew nothing about developing back then either. That group forced me to learn to build maps and script tools. It definitely wasn’t easy, but it is doable. If you have any friends that develop take advantage of that too.

2 Likes

2016 was 5 years ago.
You got 5,000 members in 1,701 days.

1 Like

And almost 2k of those members was in the first year. There’s no such thing as “quick growth” in my experience with the exception of something going viral which is too unpredictable to count on.

Outside of that, I’m not sure how your post contributes to the actual discussion.

1 Like

First off, You need to make a group so it would cost R$100, but also group roles so It would cost Robux as well. (Not mentioning how much Robux because some groups have less/or more. Then you can just model/build everything by yourself and it wouldn’t cost as much.

well kinda tons, if u want an appealing well built group it’s gonan cost u like 20k for builds, 10k for uis, 5k for gfx, at least 5k for ads, at least 20k for events like invite contests, giveaways and so on. so around 50-60k

For me, since I work alone for most of my projects, free. But I luckily found someone, I offered to pay them but they said that it’s fine and they wanted to work for free. So I happened to get lucky and got people to work for free despite me offering to pay them. There’s no real estimation for how much it could cost unless you ask the people working for you who are helping you develop.

Depending on the size and detail of the game you will make, it can vary between 2500 and 10 thousand on average.