How Much Robux Should I Use For Ads To Get My Game On The Front Page?!

I want to know what is a good amount of robux to spend on ads my game for it to be on the front page?

The issue is I do not know how much I should put and I don’t want to waste robux.

I have no solutions so far and that’s why you’re here.

I also need your opinion on if I should put ads or if I should sponsor. Thank You!

6 Likes

Well first people have to want to play your game

7 Likes

If you want to get on the front page, it isn’t how much robux you will spend for it to get on the front page. The game quality has to be good, and it must appeal and be appropriate to the audience you are aiming for. For example, you see people such as Flamingo advertising a free modelled game for satire purposes but since the quality is low it doesn’t really attract that much players and it cannot maintain players for that long. Also, you should also run sponsors as sponsors actually show for everyone while ads can be blocked by plugins outside of roblox and mobile users can’t see them, when the community largely consists of mobile players.

10 Likes

Yes I know that its just if the game is well made how much robux would I need to advertise it so it can be on the front page. I am trying to say that no game becomes popular right away even if its well made. 99% of the games on the front page have advertised.

2 Likes

If the game is well made and people want to play it then they will.

2 Likes

I want to advertise so I can get a big boost and so people can know about it because games like adopt me are taking lts of people so it gets harder and harder

1 Like

Well if your game is entertaining and people of the roblox age demographic enjoy it then they naturally will play it.

You shouldn’t invest all your money into Roblox-related advertising. Instead try and network through different platforms such as Reddit, Youtube, Twitter, etc. Get a small time youtuber to play your game and endorse it so their fan base can play. (then create a code system so you can have them get rewards for playing) etc.

Your main focus should be on making the game entertaining. But focus on who youre trying to have play the game. Make sure you design it around that demographic. If you dont then they may not be as interested.

1 Like

I understand what you are trying to say but I personally am willing to spend some robux on ads for a boost and so the game can grow faster.

1 Like

Quality is not what determines the success of your game, but how it is managed. A game with good gameplay, special effects, gifts for players, and especially, a reason to return, is ideal.

So, make sure that your game is attractive enough to start a campaign, keep in mind that ads won’t do you better or better, so if you are sure about that, I recommend starting a campaign targeting your target audience, defined by age and device. Around 10-20k Robux per campaign. Another thing I would like to add, it is not worth starting an exaggerated launch campaign. Save it for updates.

Here is a helpful article about game design success.
I also want to emphasize that you only use a maximum of 10-18% of your monthly income when investing in advertising campaigns!

12 Likes

Thanks that is what I needed your marked as a solution

3 Likes

but of course you guys can reply if you want

1 Like

You should also invest in sponsors as well as ads cant be seen in mobile.

1 Like

good to know thanks for your comment

1 Like

It’s not really dependent on how many Robux you spend. Sure, if you have millions of Robux to blow then you could force your way on the front page. However, I assume you want your game to stay on the front page. If your game isn’t good and people don’t enjoy or want to play it then your game will be off the front page the moment the ads end.

What you want to do instead is test the waters with your ads. Spending small amounts of Robux in the beginning to see how your game performs. Your first advertisement I recommend should not exceed 5,000 Robux. From this first advertisement, you can learn quite a few things about your game.

After the ad has finished running you will learn a few things over the next few days.

1. Do players like the game? (If you have consistant, returning players everyday for a good amount of time after advertising and your ratings are not totally bad then you can reason that players like your game)

2. Is your game functioning properly? (You will probably get a lot of bug reports after your first advertisement, this is your chance to fix them now before you try to appeal to a larger audience)

3. Is your game profitable? (This is probably one of the most important points for you as a Developer. If you are able to earn back the money you spent on the advertisement within a week or two I would say your game is reasonably profitable. If not then make some changes, save your Robux and try again)

If everything goes well from your first few advertisements and you fix any problems you encounter then I would begin slowly increasing the amount of Robux that you spend advertising. If your game is profitable you should make more and more Robux each time you advertise. Continue increasing your advertising amount until you are satisfied with the player count, or it no longer becomes profitable to increase the amount you advertise with.

If you have reached the point that advertising with more money is no longer profitable, or you are not able to retain players and your game is still not on the front page then it is safe to say that your game is not front-page material and that it would be time to try developing a different game.

Spending huge amounts of money on advertising right on launch is a bad idea in my opinion and will most likely just make you lose money

8 Likes

ok I have only about 10K robux to use but that is helpful thanks.

1 Like

That is a good amount. Start off spending about 3k robux on an ad or sponsor. If you game is profitable you should be able to make that money back relatively soon and earn some profit which allow you to spend more money on ads later and get more players thus more robux and so on

1 Like

ok I will try that when the game comes out thanks

1 Like

I think a reasonable amount would be good, you can check how many times your add will be posted. By front page do you mean in games section, or adds? But it all adds up to your game, if people would continue playing it rather than a join and leave.

1 Like

ok thanks everyone I will use all of your information thanks

1 Like

Also just a question if I make a group would that amount be reasonable to advertise it and for example for average if I had 10K people in my group how much would play my game for average