How much should I charge for model like this?

I created this mesh in blender it was time consuming and hard.

For the studio I model this for is saying that they will give 15$ for this but I don’t think that way since its hard and time consuming atleast 20$ for it,but still I am new and I want your opinion.

11 Likes

You need to negotiate prices beforehand otherwise you’ll end up in this current situation where one party wants to pay one price and you want another.

2 Likes

I’m not great with prices so I can’t give an exact estimate, however, I think it really would depend on what it’s for.

If you’re selling it to somebody to add into a third-person shooter game’s map, it won’t be as much as if you’re selling to somebody making a game that revolves entirely around tanks – the priority of that purchase is greater.

5 Likes

I take around the same price for really simple models.

That kind of model would probably cost above 100$
Really depends who are yo u working for or who is willing to pay

I usually to do this kind of work for free due to experience but when it comes to pay i would charge around 60 or 70$ for such a model.

5 Likes

What’s your time worth, and how long did you spend on this model?
Minimum wage in the USA right now is $7.25/hr.
It wouldn’t be unrealistic to expect at least $10+/hr because good 3D modelling skills are fairly scarce. If it took you 10 hours to make at $10/hr, it’d be around $100 and so on and so forth.

You can of course negotiate it with the buyer, but do keep in mind the price you put on your time. That’s the general rule I would go by with commission work.

Be realistic with your work though, most importantly. Everyone is at a different skill level at different areas of making models. From what I can see on that tank, it looks pretty nice. I’d definitely be expecting to pay more than what your studio suggested for it.

14 Likes

They are working on a game and it is all about tanks

Then I think that Light’s answer is pretty accurate. Sticking to minimum wage is generally a safe base value, though you can adjust if you think you deserve more :wink:

2 Likes

From now on I will be careful and thank you everyone for the tips,I will remember them

1 Like

Take for example this SVD im finishing.

Im doing it for free due to experience and to have something to do
But i would normally take around 50 or 60$ for it.

4 Likes

It is looking cool,yeah I get your point maybe I will get an another good opportunity because I don’t think this project is good for me thou

1 Like

I personally do not like charging for time compensation, e.x.: you can place one part in an hour, or a few thousand parts in an hour. I would base it off of how many parts, then add onto the price with detail level, and maybe size.

Demonstration

1,000 parts - $10 USD
High detail - +$2.5 USD
Size - +$2.5 USD
Time Compensation - +$5 USD

This is just an example.

Also feel free to read my payment module.

Payment Module

Payment

The payment segment is the most critical part of the whole studio.

Can I create a studio without money or Robux?

The simple answer is no. Even when splitting payment in percentage, you must make space for contracted work. For all of the game’s building (including contracted work), you may pay 50%. I believe this rate is low for building a huge game. You cannot give percentage for contracted work at this rate, because you need to give at least 60% to builders, 40% to UI designers and 60% to scripters, and that’s impossible!

PayPal or Robux?

Unless you are a trader with millions of Robux, or a game developer with millions of Robux, I prefer sticking with PayPal. With Robux, you must pay for tax and get 30% of your funds cut off. It gets worse from there, because when the person you hire converts his Robux to the DevEx, he will get much less. Even though you can un-authorize a payment on PayPal, you should still use it. That is why I believe in signing a contract.

If I am under 18, should I start my own studio?

Go ahead, I am not stopping you. Personally, I would recommend you not to, as there may be scamming, and you cannot take legal action if a contract is broken if you are under 18.

What if I find people who will work for free?

I am not targeting anyone who works for free or requests for free work, but all I am going to say is I cannot guarantee the quality of people who work for free.

So, what’s a rough budget for my studio?

Well, if you are thinking only 20k - 50k, your entirely mistaken. 20k is not even enough for an investment. You’re looking at at least 2.5M Robux, or a few thousand dollars. In this post:

You can see that someone is willing to offer 50k Robux for each skin, and he requires 20 skins. For all the skins in total, he is willing to offer one million Robux.

7 Likes

For that well done model i would say like @Swinsor said but 15$ is really not worth it!!

2 Likes