How much should I spend for a sponsored ad?

Hello! My game is still currently in development but I was wondering how much I should spend on sponsored ads to create an initial/relatively small active playerbase. I don’t have a crazy amount of robux, so I plan to use a budget of around 5k-10k. Maybe spend a max of like 7k? (not all at once of course)

I’ve seen a lot of posts saying you need tens of thousands of robux, or even hundreds of thousands of robux to get great results. No idea if that’s accurate or not, as I definitely don’t have to budget for that. My game is directed more towards pc players, because I haven’t implemented mobile support as of right now (it’s kind of similar to the game Assassin by prisman).

What would be the best plan of sponsoring to yield decent/good results? Should I do something like 1k a day for 5 days? 1k a day for 7 days? 2k a day for 3 days? I’m not sure. If anyone could provide some suggestions/information, that would be amazing! Thanks!

4 Likes

I don’t have too much experience with sponsoring individual experiences (I do have a lot of experience when advertising groups), however, I find that without a significant investment, ads are pretty difficult. I am unsure if this is different for sponsorships.

You’re definitely going to have to play around a bit and see what works best for you, it is also important to mention that unless your game is exciting and supports returning players, it’ll be difficult to build a playerbase – most players will join, check it out for 5 minutes and leave.

I wouldn’t do a huge ad at first, but maybe 250-500 to start it off, just so you, yourself, can gauge what to expect. I usually do an upwards of 2.5k at a time/per day.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information! I’ll definitely consider some of the things you said.