How much should I spend on advertisements for my game?

• Intro

Hey guys, a small team of good friends and I have created a simple game similar to “Get a Snack at 4am” or “Be a Dad and Get Milk Simulator.” The overall gameplay is basic, but it becomes more complex as you progress. However, my real question is, how much should I spend on advertising?

• Important question

We are almost 70% done with the game, and the major components are complete. Here are some images of the game. Please let me know how much you think I should invest in promoting this game. Keep in mind that this game may not have many in-game purchases, maybe just one, or actually, there isn’t a way to obtain Robux directly. The only Robux earnings will come from premium payouts when premium players engage with our game. What do you think we should spend or do?

• Images

Screenshot 2023-05-13 153233

• Game Mechanics

Ai traffic on ground and on air

Good looking houses

Way to get money

Jobs

Order stuff online

Much MUCH! More

• Other Info

This game will be as i said the other games but will be very simple you live in a small city where you mess around and try to get all the endings in the game,

Also even if you dont want to chat about this topic you are free to tell me stuff i should add or anything by feedback negative or good! Thanks :slight_smile:

• Credits

Credits:

Builders: 90% me, 10% 2 other builders/friends
Scripting: 40% me, 50% Scripter

More information will be available in the game description when it is released, of course!

4 Likes

For getting feedback on your game I’d suggest #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback, but judging by the screenshots, nice game!

As for the ads, everything depends on how you advertise. Trends and playerbase change overtime. Speaking from personal experience, back in 2019, 500 robux would be enough for your ad to get 100 or more clicks. Nowadays, 500 robux will barely get you 50 clicks. So if you plan on using the Roblox’s ad system nowadays, be prepared to invest thousands of Robux.
OR, look into alternative free ways of advertising, which include but are not limited to sharing the game with friends (and encouraging them to share the game too), advertising the game on the DevForum or third party platforms and social media, partnering with another successful game. If you play your cards right and make people want to invite their friends, you’ll get zero-robux advertising. That’s how many games got popular.

Good luck with your game!

4 Likes

Thank you so much thats very helpful im thinking if making a tiktok account and uploading devlogs on there which Will definitely bring some audience maybe big maybe small just need some at first and then it will start going amazing! But im thinking of spending 1000-2000 robux on the advertisements :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.