How should I detail this building

I’ve been having trouble thinking on how I should detail this building, its in a cartoony style. I was wondering if you all had any ideas, thanks!

7 Likes

You could experiment with some textures as textured materials can look really effective on low poly buildings if used correctly.
Perhaps add some nature round the building too or add window sills with some plant pots on it.

Try extruding bricks on your walls.

You could experiment with texturing the walls, expanding upon the AC system, adding some overhangs to the doors, windowsills, the skys the limit. One of the most important things to keep in mind is how its going to fit in and contrast with the surrounding area.

Good luck!

1 Like

You could add flower pots to the windows. Also, try using multiple colors like stated above to make the build more attracting.

You could add a garage for the trucks, unless I incorrectly assumed that this is a Fire department.

Add a fire engine or pole? Add more detailing.

Just realised one of these was already said before. Sorry
Well done!You’ve done a great job so far. If your looking to add more detail I think you could:

• Grassed areas Outside maybe with some rocks.

• Hedges and bushes around the outside of the building.

• Light poles , lights/lamps attached to the outside of the building and other lighting sources.

• Maybe a fire truck parked infront of the garage.

• Ladder on the side of the building to the roof.

• Fire hydrant.

Those are just a few Ideas I hope these help.

2 Likes

I know most fire stations around me have blown up/totaled cars sitting in their parking lots, maybe something like that could fit.