How should I go about continuing this?

Hey! I’m definitely not the best builder here, or even close, so I was wondering how you guys would go about completing the roof of my train station.

I currently am doing a sun roof design and I don’t know if I’ll end up liking it, so I was wondering what you would do in order to complete the roof.

11 Likes

Here are some pictures of the completed roof design.

https://i.imgur.com/DS5wwhF.jpg

5 Likes

I think that sun roof design could actually work quite well, personally. Just make sure it’s supported with some columns somewhere to keep it a bit more physically accurate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d duplicate any patterns in the construction to make the build go faster, assuming that’s what you’re asking

1 Like

I’d possibly add a supporting section either between the rails and incorporating the roof in part of the design to make sense with the support section or on this edge between the sunroof and the wall: image .
With this supporting section you could use it as a base for what I’m guessing are the iron beam supports.

In terms of a supporting section and how to detail, I’d possibly do something like the following: a column with shallow arches between each basically

2 Likes

The design thus far looks amazing, and the industrial architecture suits a train station very well. Like others said I would add various columns. I would also add some kind of iconic hand clock. This could be done hanging from the ceiling or on a post or some other column.

Finally for the roof, I would add levels.
Ex. Like in this image the roof is built up in the center.

Thus far it looks great! Hope to see the final product.

2 Likes

Great work, although, as some others have suggested, add some supporting beams so that it is accurate in real life terms.

1 Like