How should I go about creating a palm tree?

God this is such a embarrassing question to ask here. But I am generally stuck on creating a low poly palm tree.
Here is what i have got so far.

This is all created using just basic studio tools plus a plugin known as gapfill.
The logs were inspired off of r0cus old palm tree he made, I sort of replicated them but made them a bit bigger and change the design to be a tad bit different

Anyway, im stuck. I dont know if its because the leaf part is too big? Or if the design is a bit off? Or if its the way i have the logs placed.

1 Like

Well, first off I think the trunk is pretty thick to be that short. If you look at pictures of palm trees, normally the trunk is pretty thin and tall, so that could be one improvement you can make.
Secondly, the way the trunk meets the leaves is kind of weird.
I would either angle the leaves to cover the trunk or take the trunk all the way into the leaves and use a negative part to take off what sticks out.

1 Like

It isn’t too bad for a creation made only in Roblox.

The leaves are not touching the trunk which is a bit weird but apart from that, I think it looks good.

For sure, if you use a modeling software like Blender it might be easier to make more details and shapes.

1 Like

Yea this is the main issue i was having, but I can for sure try both solutions

Blender is an awesome 3D modeling software that is free, but I think this falls out of relevance if you’re looking for palm trees using CSG(Studio only).

What I can see here, is the trunk being too thick, which does not comply with the leaves at all. The leaves are not connected, perhaps trying to move it to a proper placement will fix it?

A suggestion is to add some coconuts. If you’re looking for an accurate palm tree, my advice would be searching around the internet for references and facts about palm trees.

Side note: This was written in a rush.

Yea I get told this a lot. But I always say that I cannot use this yet until I get my new pc in may :slightly_smiling_face: So I am limited right now to what I have on studio.

Yes this is the main reason why I posted this here, trying to figure out a fix with it still looking a bit “natural”.

And sure, i can probably create some coconuts in a little bit :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s always good to look at a reference photo