How should I go about making first-person-like controls while the camera is not actually first-person?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I am trying to make a game where you can see your character from a different angle but I want them to be able to turn by moving the mouse, as it does in first-person mode.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I cannot find a way to go about making this a feature.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I have tried locking camera in first-person mode while making the body visible again but it does not accomplish what I want, as the mouse still moves around the screen rather than turning the character, I have also tried locking the mouse in the center and that hasn’t seemed to work. When I used a script to do so the mouse was never locked.

EDIT: accidentally posted before I wanted to, attached image showing my game.

4 Likes

when you locked the mouse you used MouseBehavior correct? if not, then maybe you should try to use it and place the camera in a set position and change the orientatation of the camera using runservice every frame

Yeah, I’m currently using MouseBehavior. Here’s the script I tried to use.
For some context, it’s bound to clicking a teleport which will teleport you into the main game.
Capture

1 Like