How should I go about replicating the kill bot?

I’m trying to replicate the functionality of the Killbot as seen in the video, as it floats around mid-air towards random players. The issue at hand is that I’m not really sure how I can make it more dynamic in the sense that instead of always just floating up in the air, it is able to go down to chase after the player (the y position will be limited only to 5 studs or more) and shoot them until they die. (it tracks the closest target in terms of magnitude.)

I barely have a grasp of understanding how the killbot moves, and I’m not sure how to replicate it, though the main functions seem to be computeDirection() for heading towards players and moveKillbot().

Basically a rough sketch of what I am referring to.

In order of events, the killbot locates the closest target, the target runs below the structure, killbot follows the target below the structure, they end up going under five studs so they float back up outside over five studs.

What exactly is trying to be achieved?

I just restructured the post and made changes to it that got to the point because I think I really overcomplicated what my intent of this post was.

1 Like

Ah, now that I understand what you’re trying to achieve, I can confidently tell you. I cannot help you. :frowning: I suck at physical movement, (it takes math.)

1 Like

No worries, I may figure it out at some point!

1 Like