How Should I Implement a Logs System?

Hey!

I’ve been making an admin system lately, and now I want to work on something that can log things like warnings, reports, etc.

I’ve never made anything like this before, so I would really appreciate if anyone has any idea on how to best implement one. I mainly want to know the best way to store the logs, like in a DataStore.

I’ve searched around on the forums and docs, but can’t seem to find anything specific. The one thing I did find was this topic, but it is ~2 ½ years old and didn’t really go over the types of logs I’d like to make.

I know there’s free resources and plugins out there, but I would rather make my own. That will make it more suited to my own game, and knowing how everything works would make it easier to edit.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

If you want to send logs to discord you’ll need a proxy like hydra or something but if you just want it for the game then save to a datastore

2 Likes

It would probably be for something in-game that can be accessed in the admin panel. In that case, I suppose you’re right about using a DataStore.
Thanks for your reply.

You can create your own data store outside of Roblox or use Discord to store your logs, though, for an easier solution, you can just go ahead and use DataStoreService and store your logs there if you want.
Though I’d advise you to delete them after a while.

1 Like