How should I pay devs if not a group game?

I started my game alone and have been thinking of hiring other developers. (I know who it would be so not offering)

My current issue is that it’s not a group owned game, so I don’t have an easy way to pay them. Since the game is over 1.2 Million visits and 10K favorites, I don’t want to republish under the group and lose that following.

Currently for a few commissions I’ve just bought my own T-shirts out of the group to add to group funds, and use that to pay, but that still loses an extra 30% on top of the 30% already taken when the in-game things are bought. (as would having them setup a shirt and I buy it from them.)

4 Likes

If you’re not going to republish your game to your group and want your upcoming devs to help you, than simply tell them to give me some ideas and make me some scripts and models n stuff. If you liked their creations simply pay it by their creation quality.

As far as I know, thats the only best way to pay your Devs, but there’s a trick for getting more robux than what you are supposed to get normally (maybe more) from the 70%.

Keep in mind that I think this trick only works if you buy a shirt or pants for over 5000 Robux.

What I was told is that the front page clothing on the Avatar Shop are on the front page because of how much robux the clothing has earnt in the past 24 hours, not how many sales it has, not how many favorites it has etc.

So what you want to do is get a good quality or trendy type of clothing and buy it for over 5000 robux, which you will get back 3500 robux, but the clothing should appear on one of the shirt pages on Relevance (around 1-6). Once you bought the clothing, set it to something around 5-40 robux and hopefully for the next 24 hours you should be getting sales on your shirt.

Note: I have only tried this 2 times, and both worked, one appearing on page 3, and the other appearing on page 6, and I made around 1k-2k. But since I am not fully sure about this trick, I won’t guarantee that it’ll appear on the front page of the Shirt Category in Avatar Shop

Anyways, hope this helped. Good luck on your game in the future.

1 Like

Personally I’d devex the robux and send them money via paypal. Though of course this would only work if they have it.

3 Likes

Yeah, this has been a thought, just never too much, but since I can DevEx it at least once a month or so It should work best.

2 Likes