How Should I ? Roblox npc

A humanoid may have to go to the 2nd floor of a building and its currently on the 1st floor, So I was wondering what would be the best way to:
Make it so that the Npc goes up to maybe a teleporter if the target it has to reach is in the 2nd floor, but of course if the target isn’t there it won’t go there , but to the real target.
I have tried [Full Release] Introducing the Pathfinding Links for NPCs and even got the author to respond back

, but I am still curious and want to find the best way. If I made a custom system that detects which floor the target/goal is at I would have to mark all of the targets in my game to their floor and do a lot of extra work, so to possibly avoid wasting time I would like to know if there is a better way?

2 Likes

The default pathfinding system works just fine in 3D so across several floors should be no issue

What “real” target???

Sorry for the bad explanation
The npc has a target which is not the same for other npcs, and there are obviously multiple targets (the things where the npcs go to) .

There are no stairs there is only a teleporter which the npc may use if the “target” is on the 2nd floor, So I thought that I could use pathfinding links , but I am not sure do they work for that

Yep that’s pretty much their purpose. It’s the “Local teleport” example from the post you linked.

Still can’t figure out what the whole “real target” stuff is or why that’s important for the NPCs pathfinding, sorry >.<’

There is always the possibility to generate 2 paths (one to the teleporter > do teleport effects > from teleporter to wherever you want), instead of one path.