How should I start Developing a Roblox game?

Start by watching videos on basic building or scripting. That’s how I became a full time Robox developer.

3 Likes

I have dipped into the videos of the different channels such as shaenorse if think it is and Alvin blox for he has been very good at explaining some basic features.

1 Like

Its good that you wanna start as a roblox developer! First you can watch vids read some books if you want. I’d start working in teams if I were you they can teach you a lot.

Thank you, I started during the quarantine but I finally want to make a game on some of the Knowledge that a gathered during that time frame. I tried making a game before but it was a flop. In my perspective it was for it was not even released to the public XD. anyways thanks so much for the feedback!

Like alvinbloz said can’t make your 50th game without your first. :wink:

1 Like

Yea this game will be very different compared to what roblox is used to this year!

Hey, welcome to our community, never seen you around but,
I recommend the building section first, scripting can be challenging.

It took me 3 years to learn scripting, but only 1 year for building, maybe you should start with building.

I am really good at building, I just need better scripting skills.

Ah, ok so I cant give you many tips as I code more in C++ :joy:

Lol thanks so much for your feedback anyways!

1 Like

Ah, I know C#, Lua, Java, C++, it takes time, but you will get the hang of it.

1 Like

Yeah, well, I guess I’ll see you guys around! :wave:

1 Like

I’m learning more about Java and python I’m gonna try to do HTML later on I’m mainly sticking with lua.

I already have the idea for the game I am working out how I can make it happen though it will be pretty cool if I can make it work!

1 Like

Good idea will be to start with something Small don`t make huge project
Here are more steps:

1. Watch what the audience want and see if u a compatible of making it
  2. Do random stuff and u will find something breath taking
  3. Use your imagination

Hope that helps Good luck with your Programing Carrier

1 Like

Just start by scripting, in the very beginning stages of learning any language for the very first time it will get very hard and difficult to understand and thats what sets apart the beginners from the intermediates, the ability to persevere and to stay consistent and keep challenging yourself :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Start by using inspecting Free Models make sure they don’t contain viruses, I recommend you use the models ROBLOX made or anyone trusted in the developing community, And after that you might wanna take a look at dev forum articles and posts about building and scripting and ETC, The third thing i would do is watch tutorials on youtube or any other platform. But you could also just practice in Studio making things like houses, weapons or basic scripts.

Hey Domino! I wanted to tell you two of my favorite YouTube channels for developing.

You already see that AlvinBlox is one great one. For me, he is more on the scripting side of my learning.

There is another creator that I really like and find helpful. The channel is called Model Creator. You can find a load of amazing building tutorials on their channel. There is also a little scripting in this one. Check it out here!

Hello Developer,

Thanks for reaching out to developers world wide to help you with this matter, as this is a common problem.

As I am a little late, I think that you have already solved this issue, yet here are some links to help you or someone else out, in case you are still looking for an answer to this question.

I would recommend you to read through 2 of my following posts all about the topic on how to start off making games, and what games are currently popular on the immersive, imaginary platform.

Collecting Ideas - The steps of developing a game - Resources / Community Tutorials - DevForum | Roblox

What games are the most engaging currently, and what is worth creating? - Development Discussion - DevForum | Roblox

If you have any questions, please let me know here.

Sincerely,
CrashFacts