How should I stay safe from the exploit?

Hi, sorry if this isn’t the correct category.

I’m sure you’ve all heard of the recent plugin exploit and I was wondering if you could help me a bit? I’ve done a bit of research but I can’t find a lot of stuff on it. A lot of people say to uninstall studio or update it or restart it. What does that mean? Should I completely remove it from my computer and reinstall? Or did it already update and I can move on with my day? I have already removed all my plugins, does anybody know if the ones I paid for have to be paid again? I have also done a full scan with a respected antivirus that said I have no malware, am I safe now? Can I reinstall my plugins? Can I continue making games? I need answers! I just want to make sure I’m safe making my games, and I’m sure this post could serve as a guide to anyone else worried about it. Thank you in advance!

The exploit has already been patched, if you haven’t already updated it should be available.

1 Like

Do you think id be able to reinstall my plugins? I use relatively credible ones like moon animator, datastore editor, easy rig lite, and 3d model image creator one. I make sure to download the correct ones too not fakes.

Yes, you can re-install the plugins, the exploit has been patched.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.