How should usage of well known YouTubers' characters be handled?

I’m creating a game that will have characters in it that the user can play as and potentially purchase with robux. I’m wondering if I am allowed to use the character of popular YouTuber’s such as Flamingo in my game without permission.

Would this vary if I was profiting off selling his character in game versus just featuring their character? Personally I believe it’s a win for both the YouTuber and the developer as they get marketing and the developer gets sales.

In the best case scenario I’d always prefer to directly ask for permission however getting in contact with large YouTubers is pretty hard.

1 Like

Since it is just a character with hat combinations, I think not, but I am not sure

I really wouldn’t worry what characters are used in your game and what you make from it.

As long as you’re just using their character as a skin instead of deeply integrating it within your game/story, I wouldn’t worry about it. YouTubers essentially live off of monetizing other people’s content, and if it starts to become a problem it can be easily removed.

3 Likes