How Some Viruses and Infections Work (Basics)

Hey there!
So in this post, I’m going to give a somewhat brief explanation of what a virus/infection script is and does. Keep in mind, this is not an official ROBLOX employee report.

Basic Viruses and Infections Overview
A virus can range from something that could break your whole game, to something that simply makes an annoying notification constantly. I’ll focus on some of the less major viruses that I’ve experienced.

1. Viruses can be added into free models by the creators, and once someone uses them, they could create a bar at the top of everyone’s screen saying things like, “Thanks to [Username] for creating this model. Great job!” Not everyone would count this as a virus, however.

2. Another form of virus is one that is purely there to mess up any scripts you have created. It is most often many lines of random symbols and letters, and some code here and there, but overall, the script doesn’t do anything except call errors and prevent the script from continuing with other scripts.
    An example of this might look something like this (This is purely an example. Does not infect or do anything a real virus does, and please do not use this in any games.):

local fi32oij2rr2y8 then do f92r3982r3
if 92 == ofhofewuo local rfj9023r80 then 32fj0if2hjfpawpjiwda whilte fij0ef20jief true then
fiof2e0ef2pjip if fj3i202 else iojf2iof20i2f302
  1. Another type of script can infect models and other parts in your games. These ones are dangerous, as they can totally ruin your game. They infect other models, and rename them, and every single part in workspace or other category. They can really do damage, and can be hard to remove.
    A good video to watch that features these types of viruses is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82sUy0HcDRI

Now It’s Time for Infection Scripts
These scripts can act a lot like viruses that infect, but have a few differences. They can rename models, and infect other models, but these are more dangerous, in a sense. Since they are scripts, they can create almost anything there is in Studio. They can create duplicates of themselves, and put them in other models, they can create sparkles on every single part in workspace, or almost anything else you could think of. Here’s a list of some of the things they can do that I’ve seen:

• Teleport players to another specified game.
  • Change what all players’ username tags display, instead of showing their usernames.
  • Create inappropriate screen gui’s.
    Any many other things. So, bottom line, these things are nasty, malicious, and overall not appreciated. Many of them also break Roblox ToS for creating models. If you have found anything wrong or incorrect with anything listed, please message me and I’ll try to fix it. If you have anything I should add, message me, and if you have any questions, message me.