How to access roblox files

I’ve recently discovered that roblox files load instantly as it is a roblox file and it doesn’t need to download from an HTTP request (i think) so that way you can save time finding, downloading, and uploading it

Also quick tip, You can replace these files (except the scripts) with anything as long as it has the same name as the old one and has the same file format.

The roblox files in windows are located in %localappdata%\Roblox\Versions on your version which is probably at the bottom above RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe

The roblox files in mac are located in ~/Applications/Roblox/Contents/Resources/Content (i think i dont have one)

Images are located in content > textures
Audio are located in content > sounds.
Meshes are located in content > models
Textures are located in PlatformContent > pc > textures.
Scripts are located in PlatformContent > scripts

12 Likes

Your post is good, but I would edit this to say %localappdata%\Roblox\Versions as it’s shorter and easier to remember. :+1:

Also one thing to keep in mind for anyone using these assets: Roblox can change these at any point and without notice. So there’s a chance that in the future, certain assets might not load if they’re modified or removed. Though you should be safe for the majority of these, and I don’t see any of them changing anytime soon.

4 Likes

Wish that there is a Macintosh version of this tutorial.

4 Likes

I can help you with that if you need it.

4 Likes

I didn’t know I could make it shorter, I’ll edit it thanks

I’ll try to create one, If i even can

2 Likes

For MacOS the filepaths should be:
/Users/USERNAME/Library/Roblox
/Applications/Roblox.app/Contents

There are two because there are multiple locations where files and data get stored but the first one is irrelevant for the most part.
All the files you have listed are under the second location.

2 Likes

I added the mac version and i don’t even know if it works

2 Likes