How to actually CRASH the client

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to crash the client

2. What is the issue?
    while true do loop is countered by script allowed execution time, but when I used Adonis’ crash command, it crashed Roblox Studio itself and script execution time couldn’t do anything.

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    Every post recommends while true do and my attempts to achieve this always fail

Now, before you say that it is bad to do this, the player can crash themselves but it is completely optional. It’s just like a “feature”

11 Likes

Ig you could do this, it should eventually lag the player out

while true do
    task.wait() -- or can remove
    Instance.new("Part", workspace)
end
8 Likes
for i = 1, 0, 0 do end
7 Likes

Hello, thanks for the ideas, but wouldn’t that be the same as just doing while true do? And about your first idea, I will test it later to see if it’s enough to crash Studio

7 Likes

Np, not sure tbh, never tried the crashing the client myself lol. Here is a forum I found that you could be interested in.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/coder-challenge-creatively-crash-roblox/1103586

8 Likes
local function loopfct()
	task.spawn(function()
		while true do
			loopfct()
		end
	end)
end

loopfct()

This has always worked for me.
It will crash the client instantly using Threads.

Best,
Matthew

7 Likes

Tried while true do just now, didnt crash me

5 Likes

My script is a lot more than a while true do please take a look at it, I have it in my game and it works fine.

5 Likes

Script timeout wont trigger if you add a wait function into the loop. So this solution should work eventually when there are too many parts on the client but it depends on the device how long it takes to crash.

while true do
    task.wait()
	local Part = Instance.new("Part")
	Part.Parent = workspace
end
7 Likes

Yes I can see that, its a recursive loop spawing more loops. And what im asking is that wont it just eventually time itself out?

4 Likes

No because I’m using the library task.

From my experience that script has never timed out, even after waiting 30 minutes.

5 Likes

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification

5 Likes

The code that this link contained:

setmetatable({},{__newindex=function(...)__,___,____,_____,______,________,_________=unpack(({...})[3])__________=function()_______=__(______)_______[____]=________;_______[_________]:Connect(__________)_______[___]=_____;end;__________()end,})._={Instance.new,"Parent","Archivable",workspace,"Part",false,"Changed"}

Seems to be what I wanted. Thanks!

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.