How to actually use the games.roblox.api/v1/games/list endpoint?

I’m running a data analysis project, and I’m trying to get some games data. The first thing I need is a list of games and all their stats, so I opted for using the Roblox API to collect this data.

However, I am currently stuck at the fact that the API to get a list of games, games.roblox.api/v1/games/list, requires a ridiculous amount of data, and provides no description as to what this data does and what it looks like.

Specifically, it requires sortToken, gameFilter, timeFilter, genreFilter, exclusiveStartId, sortOrder, gameSetTargetId, keyword, startRows, maxRows, contextCountryRegionId, contextUniverseId, pageId, isSeeAllPage, sortPosition, and sessionId

the hell is a game filter?
the hell is a time filter?
keyword? just keyword?!?!
why are there no examples of what this data should look like?
who thought this would be a good idea?
when will the pain end?

So yeah… I need help, none of this makes sense, it’s so confusing I’m seriously considering downloading selenium and going the web scraping route. Does anyone know how to work with this? Help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

i also want to use the API, but there required parameters are making it difficult. These parameters are too complex. idk what I need to provide in some of them at all

BTW whoever is wondering what we talking, here it is:
https://games.roblox.com/docs/index.html?urls.primaryName=Games%20Api%20v1

the v1/games/list api

1 Like

Did you ever figure this out? I also need a list of all current published games on Roblox, and I’m trying to avoid web scraping.