How to Add Custom Player Icons to Chat

If you’re asking how to add an icon for Roblox admins, you would add another entry to the Groups section of SpecialChatIcons using the admins group:

local SpecialChatIcons = {
	Groups = {
		{
			GroupId = 1200769;
			Icons = {}; --icon here
		}
	}
}
4 Likes

Alrighty, thanks! I’ll try that later.

How would I give players the Admin icon by UserId?

EXAMPLE:

UserId = 1,
Icon = {0},

Yeah, that’s how you’d do it. Just add it as an entry to the Players section of SpecialChatIcons.

1 Like

Great tutorial, thanks!! I’ve always tried to add in my own elements but was only restricted to text, now I can add icons!

what about the leaderboard? To identify if they are a moderator for a game?

1 Like

The default player leaderboard can’t be modified, unfortunately.

I’ve got it to work, thank you though.

is there any way to do this with the new chat system? and how?

I doubt it due to the fact you can’t fork the new chat directly. Roblox internally applies icons to players for example if you have the blue roblox verified badge it shows in the chat but I don’t think devs can apply them.

oh yeah, i forgot that the chat is part of the coregui now and not the normal playergui.

Can someone please make this work on the new chat.

Unfortunately the new chat can’t be modified.

1 Like

Why would Roblox do that? I don’t understand…

I recently saw the game SpongeBob Simulator implement a premium icon next to premium players names in chat. So there must be a way to do this!

1 Like

I believe they’re using this and adding the built-in Premium emoji as the prefix string.

How would I go about doing the same thing as them? Where can I find the built-in prefix string?

It worked, thank you. Do you know a place where I can find all the built in icons?

Those are the only two I know of unfortunately.