Release Notes for 541

Notes for Release 541

29 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Class MetaBreakpointManager : Instance [NotCreatable] [Service] [NotReplicated]
	Added Function Instance MetaBreakpointManager:AddBreakpoint(Instance script, int line, Instance condition) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Added Function MetaBreakpoint MetaBreakpointManager:GetBreakpointById(int metaBreakpointId) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Added Function void MetaBreakpointManager:RemoveBreakpointById(int metaBreakpointId) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Added Event MetaBreakpointManager.MetaBreakpointAdded(MetaBreakpoint breakpoint) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Added Event MetaBreakpointManager.MetaBreakpointChanged(MetaBreakpoint breakpoint) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Added Event MetaBreakpointManager.MetaBreakpointRemoved(MetaBreakpoint breakpoint) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Added Event MetaBreakpointManager.MetaBreakpointSetChanged(MetaBreakpoint breakpoint, Dictionary detail) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Class AdPortal : BasePart [NotCreatable]

Added Property Enum.StreamingIntegrityMode Workspace.StreamingIntegrityMode [NotScriptable]

Added Function Tuple ScriptDocument:GetViewport() {PluginSecurity}
Added Function string VoiceChatInternal:GetChannelId() {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Event ScriptDocument.ViewportChanged(int64 startLine, int64 endLine) {PluginSecurity}
Added Event StudioAssetService.OnSaveToRoblox(Objects instances) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Enum StreamingIntegrityMode
	Added EnumItem StreamingIntegrityMode.Default : 0
	Added EnumItem StreamingIntegrityMode.Disabled : 1
	Added EnumItem StreamingIntegrityMode.MinimumRadiusPause : 2

Added EnumItem AssetType.DynamicHead : 79
Added EnumItem AvatarAssetType.DynamicHead : 79
Added EnumItem TrackerError.VideoNoPermission : 5
Added EnumItem TrackerError.AudioNoPermission : 8

Added Tag [NotBrowsable] to Class AdGui

Changed the parameters of Event Humanoid.EmoteTriggered 
	  to: (bool success, AnimationTrack animationTrack)

Removed Class BreakpointManager
	Removed Function BreakpointManager:AddBreakpoint
	Removed Function BreakpointManager:GetBreakpointById
	Removed Function BreakpointManager:RemoveBreakpointById
	Removed Event BreakpointManager.MetaBreakpointAdded
	Removed Event BreakpointManager.MetaBreakpointChanged
	Removed Event BreakpointManager.MetaBreakpointRemoved
	Removed Event BreakpointManager.MetaBreakpointSetChanged

Removed Property MaterialService.hasPropertyWarningInStudio

Removed Enum AdFormat
	Removed EnumItem AdFormat.Image

Removed EnumItem TrackerError.CameraPermission
Removed EnumItem TrackerError.MicPermission

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

12 Likes

Interesting to see Roblox try this after the last version’s purported failure. I’m always excited to see new revenue opportunities, but I’ll personally be trying to keep ads off my games for the time being.

I’m really glad to see this finally being added! It was more often than not the kind of feature that you expected was there and was shocked it was missing. I had some hacky implementations of this, and I’m looking forward to cleaning up my codebase.

I’m lowkey really excited about this one, there has been a couple of times in my UI where this would’ve been useful. Will it also be usable in the website? Can we get the UTF8 code?

18 Likes

the \u{E001} syntax is something you can put inside of strings in your scripts. Alternatively you can paste these characters directly:

Premium icon: 
Robux icon: 

These aren’t yet enabled for use. I don’t think these will be usable on the website.

These monochrome icons can be recolored using TextColor3/RichText. The reason the Robux one isn’t the green one with the shading is because our emoji rendering doesn’t support gradients.

138 Likes

It’s still pending? Even after 4 weeks and 5 versions? Oh, man…

16 Likes

wait what? is something wrong with me or?

15 Likes

These characters are part of the private use area, which are meant for application-specific usage. Any font can have its own take on what these characters mean. I guess that Apple decided they should be copies of default emoji?

19 Likes

I’m excited for this, these emojis will definitely come in handy. Gone are the days of manually positioning robux and premium icons around! (Well, almost)

I didn’t know there was a private use area for unicode characters, pretty neat to know. I guess this implies that the engine will be able to define more custom emojis after this change, which is quite cool, could maybe lead to some cool features.

For example, maybe this evolves in the future and we get the ability to add our own custom emojis, maybe as a sub feature of custom fonts. :flushed: Games could create their own emoji fonts or emoji sheets or something, even if they’re just monochrome.

10 Likes

Any idea why EmoteTriggered is protected? I’m doing some analytics work and being able to know when and where a player emotes would be super useful for iterating social gameplay.

1 Like

Things like EmoteTriggered aren’t necessarily protected because there’s some security issue.

Publicly accessible Lua APIs have to go through a rigorous review process to make sure that they’re consistent with existing APIs and are something we can support for many years if not indefinitely. EmoteTriggered is an example of one which probably could be released as a public API but just hasn’t gone through said review process to make sure it checks all the boxes.

5 Likes

Glad for the Robux emoji, it’s a great help in projects.

8 Likes

How do i get the emoji your using would be great for my gamepasses

1 Like

Put \u{E002} in the Texabel.

4 Likes

Specifically, set a TextLabel’s Text property to that using the command bar or a script; If that’s typed into the Properties pane, it’ll just show that text code instead of the unicode character.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.