How to add images to parts

Here is two figure. Look picture

• If have problem with image?
  • If is working with image sampling?
  • What are you use SurfaceGui or Decal?
  • How to size small or big image?
  • If have troubleshoot on your image?
  • If have scale or stretch image?

How to working with image in roblox studio or play game after upload image success.

Here start step-by-step instructions.

1. Go to roblox studio and open new baseplate or recent game. Check on your image or insert your baseplate from toolbox.

2. Go to check “The images are large to show the difference in sampling :slight_smile:” If image sampling is not good is on decal or texture.

Roblox Image2a

3. Create new instance “SurfaceGui” and create new instance “ImageLabel”.

Roblox Image3a

4. On SurfaceGui and size to fit ImageLabel>Size = {1, 0},{1, 0}. and copy from Decal>Texture and paste to ImageLabel>Image and remove the Decal from part.

5. Go to check “The images are large to show the difference in sampling :slight_smile:” If image sampling is good and success.

Roblox Image5a

Well Done!

Thats it, tutorial is done, enjoy, if you wanna thank me, it took me 2 hours to write this tutorial

6 Likes

Constructive feedback:

• Use better language
  • The internet is full of tutorials on these things
  • When you see the title, you have no idea what the tutorial will be about. Maybe change the name to “How to add images to parts”
  • Maybe scale the images on the post a bit? They are verry big and they hurt my eyes.
8 Likes

Yeah. when move go to close of image see sampling (roblox studio) and took screenshots.

Thank

What did you say? :expressionless:

1 Like

I known you say. when camera move toward to close of image and see sampling of image Best Quality or Bicubic.

No.
I not understand to say: “when move go to close of image see sampling (roblox studio) and took screenshots.”

sorry. its ok

The images are large to show the difference in sampling :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with this one. It isn’t easy to master a language, even your native ones, but it’s important for a tutorial to be clear and easy to understand.

1 Like

Its ok
Thank.

I edit the first post add 2 and 5.

Couldn’t I just use a decal?

1 Like

Decals, in my opinion are useless, SurfaceGuis allow more customization (i.e I can scale the X size freely without changing the Y size, this would be annoying to attempt on a decal).

On top of that, I’m pretty sure you can make images appear a whole lot clearer with the property PixelPerStud, another feature that makes SurfaceGuis superior.

8 Likes

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

no offense but im not sure you should be writing tutorials if your english is broken

that leads to a whole pile of confusion

do they have performance differences though?

Yes. Compared to Decals, SurfaceGui’s are absolute performance killers. Having more than 2000 of them on the screen at once can tank your fps. On the other hand, decals do not.

1 Like

Personally I would only ever use a decal when working with ViewportFrames or Glass as both of those do not render SurfaceGuis.