How to add shirts and pants to a non-humanoid character?

Hello! Recently I have removed all the humanoids from my game due to them being the worst thing in existance. Now im wondering, how do I get the shirts and pants back onto the characters.

I’m not good at UV mapping and I have tried pretty much every method and have had no luck.

Any support is greatly apricated!

4 Likes

unfortunatly this isnt really possible for non humanoid characters i dont think, the only method (not recommended) is you attempt to turn the clothes into decals that fit onto each surface of the model / new character you have made.

3 Likes

Yes I know that, I need to know how I can put the decals onto the meshes EFFECTIVLY.

if your making them in blender its possible to texture the model in blender and, import the textures with the model.

because i dont believe there is an other method.

I said I have no idea how to UV map or do meshes.

Question, why did you remove the humanoids?

3 Likes

I don’t think this would be possible because Humanoids auto-map textures onto the characters. An alternative would be uploading individual parts of the textures as decals and creating parts with them attached if you can’t create meshes or use UV Maps. That’s lengthy, tedious, and might not work however.

Humanoids have unnecessary elements, are overall old and laggy and are not meant for NPCs/non player controled stuff.

Yes, im just looking for a way to speed this up.

Where did you get this from? They aren’t laggy either, and it is perfectly fine for NPC use. You can disable states you might not need though if that is what you meant by “unnecessary” elements

This thread should help you out:

Keep in mind, my game can demand up to 250+ humanoids in a small space.

The exact reason 100+ player games dont work is because of humanoids.

A large majority of the features humanoids provides I just dont need. Disabling states does not outright fix lag.

Yes but im looking for a easy simple way to do it that does not require much of my time or much skill.

I didn’t say disabling states would fix it, i said it might help. I personally cant say humanoids are an issue, ive played 100+ player games with default humanoids and my device runs just fine. It doesn’t look like there is an elegant way to do it other than baking the texture into the character or something.

1 Like

well the thing with it is, characters, wether they are made by yourself or use the humanoid, in large quantitys will be the leading cause of lag by nature, the real question is can you make a character more efficiently without the humanoid and i believe the answer is no.

1 Like