How to allow all IP Addresses on the Roblox Cloud API

I have a hosting service that doesn’t have a set ip address and switches hosts every now and then; same thing happens with my country, this is why I think of this as an issue.

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I would like to make it so every IP Address with the api key is able to make requests.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    Unable to do that, tried setting the ip address to 0.0.0.0 did not work.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Yes, I found nothing.

I’m trying to send messaging service requests using the hosting service but I’m un-able to do that since my hosting keeps changing it’s hosting server, so is there a feature to let all ip addresses on the whitelist?

2 Likes

you should expose the ip address using ngrok which exposes everything to the internet

In the context of Roblox, the messaging service operates within the Roblox platform, and you don’t have direct control over whitelisting IP addresses for messaging service requests. The messaging service in Roblox is designed to communicate between servers and clients within the Roblox platform, and it doesn’t involve external IP whitelisting.

If you’re trying to allow all IP addresses to access your messaging service within Roblox, you don’t need to configure any IP whitelisting. As long as the requests are originating from within the Roblox platform, they should be able to communicate with the messaging service without any additional configuration.

However, if you’re attempting to communicate with the messaging service from an external service or server outside of Roblox, you won’t be able to whitelist all IP addresses. In such cases, you may need to explore alternative communication methods, such as utilizing APIs provided by the hosting service or implementing a secure tunneling solution like a VPN or proxy to establish communication between your external service and the Roblox platform.

It’s important to note that directly interacting with Roblox services from external services may be subject to limitations and restrictions set by Roblox, so it’s recommended to review Roblox’s documentation and terms of service for any guidelines or restrictions related to communication with their services from external sources.

1 Like

This should most likely be created under Feature Requests, or file a bug report (although I doubt this is a bug, it sounds more intentional from Roblox’ side). I doubt there is a way to whitelist any IP address.

For now, you should probably (& preferably) reserve yourself a static IP so that you’re able to manually add the static IP to the whitelist.

These words on their own made it obvious this is a GPT-generated answer. It’s off-topic and misguiding, please don’t.

He clearly states he’s using Roblox Cloud API, your AI generated response is useless here.

yo FAX!!! :fire::fire::fire: you tell him boss

2 Likes

bud what does this even mean? can you explain in like dumb terms so i can understand??

Not sure if this is the answer, but it might help.

2 Likes

thx for being a real one and not giving me a gpt generated response :fire::fire:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.