How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)

Maybe. I exported and updated one animation like two or three times. It’s fixed now and works perfect though. Thank you for the help!

1 Like

This tutorial worked great! Once combined with my FPS framework, and dang does it look good!

Thank you for this well taught tutorial!

This happens for some reason.
The main part of the gun and the end of the gun stays attached to the torso.
Meanwhile the magazine and bolt are In their correct positions.

No errors.

2 Likes

So, I figured out what was wrong.
After making the animation. I renamed one of the gun parts. This basically broke the animation.

If you are having the same Issue, It might be because you renamed one of the parts.

6 Likes

This tutorial is great :ok_hand: but the one problem I am noticing that the gun comes out of the torso when it is animated, the character isn’t supposed to see this

1 Like

Hey, I’m having issues using your rigging method with my bow, it’s in my most recent devforum post, can I get some help on it? I just didn’t feel like typing out the post again, so here’s the link

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/issues-with-animating-a-rigged-weapon/717740

Hey so I am trying to do exactly what you’re doing and when I try to animate the gun

Its in pieces because its like that. Its pretty hard to animate like this. So I am not sure if this was supposed to be like this or is there any way I can for example group it and move?

Sorry I accidentally replied to you, I meant to reply to this thread.

3 Likes

It looks like you have some issues with welding the parts together, remember to weld them using a part hierarchy so you can move one part and the rest of it moves along with it, but you can still edit stuff like the mag at the same time :slight_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

Alright so I’m having this weird issue where like, the character isn’t standing still while holding the gun and walking, so it looks pretty weird.

It looks something like this:

It’s weird because like I set the anim priority to action, and I followed all the steps.

I also set the M6D part0 to humanoidrootpart instead of torso, but not sure if that makes a difference since HRP is the R15 equivalent of torso

bind the weapon to the arms then it wont look derp

Did you animate the gun? You have to also animate the gun.

He’s right. Animate the gun since it will only stay still if you don’t.

Apparently, whenever I equip my gun and the animation plays, the arms glitch out for a second and then go back into place. It makes the gun seem unnatural:
Any help?

For some reason, whenever I equip the tool it will just attach it to my character’s body, animate the arms but not the tool, any reason why this could happen?

When i equip my tool, a error shows up and says that ToolGrip is not a valid member of Part, what is happening? thanks in advance!

EDIT

Just add WaitForChild at character.Torso and it will work but my tool DISSAPPEARS lol i dont know why but it deletes itself.

1 Like

Don’t set part0 to HRP, set it to torso or uppertorso, because uppertorso animates with the run, and that makes the gun move with the character animations, otherwise the arms move and the gun doesn’t because HRP can’t be animated

2 Likes

I believe it is because your gun hits the ground when you equip it.

Try making sure all the parts of the gun have CanCollide set to False.

It tells me "attempt to index nil with ‘Torso’ I’ve made sure I’m using R6.

It means that the thing the Torso is inside of doesn’t exist(according to the script)