How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)

Hello, I followed all of your instructions and even checked most or all of the replies but
for some reason the gun gets stuck in my torso. I remember finding a topic about this but I could no longer find it.

What have I tried?

• Naming the parts or tools I animate the same name I use for the animation.
  • In the script where it inserts a M6D inside the torso instead of naming the M6D “ToolGrip” I named it into “BodyAttach”.
  • I also made sure that I animated the BodyAttach together with the gun model.

Here is the video of the animation:

Here is the video of the game:

I know that the account I use to make the game is different from the account I use in Devforum,
but it’s because I have lots of alt accounts and sometimes even make games in there. Though I will try to transfer the game’s ownership to this account. I also know that this topic is 3 years old but this is the only topic I can relay on when making tool animations.

Edit: I saved the game file and made the game in my main account [the account I am using].
The animation won’t work so I tried to publish the animation using my account and changed the action to action2 [I think changing it was the thing that fixed my solution?]. And my problem was fixed.
The photo of the animation. Now the only problem is how the gun isn’t positioned properly but I believe I could just check the replies in this topic.

one note then i see, because char its dont defined do a error so if a game will have a lot of players will lag a bit so i change the tool script tho fix it

local WeaponTool = script.Parent
local char

script.Parent.Equipped:Connect(function()
	local char = WeaponTool.Parent
	game.ReplicatedStorage.ConnectM6D:FireServer(WeaponTool.BodyAttach)
	char.Torso.ToolGrip.Part0 = char.Torso
	char.Torso.ToolGrip.Part1 = WeaponTool.BodyAttach
end)

WeaponTool.Unequipped:Connect(function()
	local char = WeaponTool.Parent.Parent.Character
	game.ReplicatedStorage.DisconnectM6D:FireServer()
end)
1 Like

Don’t use remote events at all, do it from the server.

1 Like

Using a first person viewmodel the gun wont move with the hands.

I’m using easy first person viewmodel script and the arms don’t move the hands how would I fix that?

1 Like

how u do the camera shake when the animations play?

why don’t the scripts work?
im trying to get the animation to work but it isn’t

https://create.roblox.com/docs/reference/engine/classes/Humanoid#loadAnimation

I am having problem animating.
If you could help it would be great
Help

how to make this work with dual wielding weapons, and as well as animating weapons with the torso?

1 Like

im having a problem where when 2 people are in a server and they have the same tool equipped, and person 1 unequips the tool, then person 2’s tool will fall out of their hands and get removed
video:

I put the scripts into the right places but the tool wont be picked up

This might be a very naive and stupid question but…

Let’s say a player equips a tool and I attach it to their Right Arm using a Motor6D (just a standard Roblox tool, like the sword or rocket launcher but I replace the weld with a Motor6D).

Would animations just work straight out of the box or would I have to parent the tool’s handle to the player character?
Does the tool need to be a model (and not a tool) for it to be recognized as part of the rig?

Do I have to reload a animation when a tool is equipped or is it auto-updated as soon as Roblox detects the Motor6D?

Does the name of the tool itself matter as long as the handle is named correctly? Because I would want to reuse the same animation for multiple tools that all have different names (except for the handle, which will have an consistent name).

1 Like

yeah i did, however the complications of animating the gun with welded to the torso, makes it unethical to animate, by doing that you’ll end up with so many so many unnecessary key frames that are bunched up to compensate animating the weapon to line up with the hand, however it makes animating easier such as cool reload animations, or throwing the weapon in the air unbounded to the hand

though in the tutorial it said you could do it in blender with constraints, but i don’t know how to do that in blender and let alone know which constraints to use, since the tutorial didn’t list the name of the constraints

and duel wielding, i would like to do that but scripting it might be a bit complicated and im not that good at scripting.

1 Like

You could modify the script given and clone a line for the motor6d of the other arm and replace the name!!! (torso again, if youd want), for blender, good luck dude, idk NOTHING about that :joy:

say for example you wanna animate flipping a coin in the air and catching it, I would weld it to the hand but once the coin goes into the air, it’ll be tricky to animate the coin in mid and the hand because whenever you move the hand the coin also moves, however if you would weld the coin to the torso, you’ll have to bother having to line up the coin to the hand for each keyframe and that’ll be annoying, but however animating the coin in mid air will be easy since its not bounded to the hand

1 Like

Yeah i know, but you gotta deal with dat bud

I don’t know if this is a mistake or something, but you’re not connecting the Motor6D here, you’re just repeating the animation process

2 Likes

For those with problems theres more posts with similar methods to achieve similar results:

2 Likes

this is superrr useful bro
thank you for not keeping this method to yourself bro

I have a little bug, the output is telling me I have an invalid animation id but I just uploaded the animation I made and copied the correct code… anyone got an idea of what this can be due to?

2 Likes