How to apply realistic balloon physics and collision force

Hello guys, so I was wondering, how to make realistic balloon physics that can interact with the players.

I’m making a game where you need to keep the balloon up in the air and don’t let it hit the ground, so you have this one ability where you can kick the balloon up in the air, that way you can keep it up.

I need a balloon that doesn’t float but can stay up to the air when something underneath it is launching up at the balloon, like a kick.

If you want an example and you have a balloon at home. You can try to kick it up and see it’s how it moves up in the air. I want an identical physic and gravity to a balloon in real life.

If you are also wondering how you can test your balloon script, you can just simply use a sphere, enable the CustomPhysicalProperties boolean, and make the density smaller, to make it light but big like a balloon.

I have tried looking for solution in the DevForum, but I can’t find any solutions that are as similar to my question.

Lastly, I have no scripts regarding this currently.

Thanks for reading. If it’s hard or complicated to understand, I’m sorry.

3 Likes

A similar post that wants exactly what I want, but unfortunately failed to get a solution:

I tried experimenting around with a BodyPosition and I was able to get something floaty but not quite the result you expected (plus, the instance is deprecated, but the alternative Roblox offers was way too unstable during my tests). But I think this will help you find a solution.

Balloon.rbxm (2.9 KB)

1 Like

Very nice! It has the perfect force when something launches underneath it like a kick! I can definitely work with this! Thanks.

It’s okay if it’s deprecated, I at least I can still use it!

I’ll also credit you in the game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.