How to Automate Place Publishing with Partially Managed Rojo

Yes, I checked it before and later removed that part of the code.

I don’t think that’s needed because the name key just changes the name of that specific part, but I’ll still try applying it.

Not sure, never really heard of spaces being an issue. But still, no harm in trying it out, right? Thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply.

Removing the spaces does not bring any changes to the functionality iteself.

Also, I don’t if I’m being stupid here or what, but it seems that except the aftman.exe file, there’s no other files.

The ones that are installed on my PC:

Here’s the issue with adding the aftman packs (rojo, rbxcloud) using the terminal code:

I already used aftman add but it says that it needs to be trusted. I used aftman trust to trust the tools, but no luck.

Additionally, I opened an issue. Hope, this gets fixed soon.

1 Like

I went through reinstalling my system about 10 times in a day, I’m back again after getting my laptop to boot :skull:. I see that you got to resolve the issue on the GitHub issue, by making a new repository and trying it there. Maybe it was some setting that didn’t let it work? Sorry for the late replies, arch linux is just a whole another world of issues. I hope I fixed all of my hardware problems and that I can get back into my regular schedule and actually spend some time looking at this issue and trying to replicate it myself. Till then I’ll try to look into more complex github scripts and see what might be wrong, or check for settings that might have prevented it from working. I myself don’t know all of them, I usually just enable the branch protection rule for merging. I hope you and your team will figure it out.

Is there anything I need to fetch or what? Or like wait in progress? Either way, thank you for the help. Really appreciated!

Also about this, I’m not really sure about it, I think it should update, but maybe try to also publish it not as “published” but “saved”. Read more about it here:
rbxcloud docs
roblox docs
looking at the roblox docs I can quote:

Published: the place file should be saved and published.

This should indicate that published would also save it. In simple terms saved should mean only in studio. Also do you have team create enabled? Try to experiment. Saved will not publish it, so try to first save, then publish, or try to enable team create if it was disabled. I’m not sure about it so please correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Thanks mate. Got so much help! Hope it doesn’t happen again cuz this had been happening for the past 2 weeks :skull:

1 Like

Sorry for bumping but i got a problem, when i try to merge dev branch - into main (on github) it spits this error:

I think it supposed to automatically publish the place when i merge dev branch into main, but it says that the place it tries to publish doesnt exist. GameId and PlaceId are valid because i got them from this line that i pasted into command bar:

print(game.PlaceId, game.GameId) 
-- output: 14234441800 4923945104

Do i need to make my game public for this to work or something?

The problem fixed itself, i did absolutely nothing, but now it works perfectly. Im so sorry that i bumped this post for no reason.