How to avoid false Moderation while developing

Hi there! I’m MeltedSalami and I joined Roblox in 2010 and during my period of playing/developing and creating on the platform I have had my fair share of false bans, rejections, warning and I asume you have too so today I am here to give some of you guys a few tips from my knowlage which can help you avoid all those nasty false moderations.

1. Name the asset as descriptive as you can.
  • This means to describe whats happening in the asset. For instance, if you own a hospital game and you wanted to make a Medicine container which holds asprin tablets, you will find that it will most likley be rejected if you named it “Medicine Container” or “Asprin Tablets”. A way to avoid this is by naming it & on the decal write in large words: “Vitamin D” or something. This will make your chances of it being accepter higher.
  1. Don’t leave the name your file name like D1S4DEXTE234DJJQ
  • Don’t leave the box with the default file name. The reason is because moderators get lots of bots which spam assets. So make sure to name your asset!
  1. Think “Would this be appropriate to show to a 7 year old?”
  • Back in the 2018 RDC the admin WindmillMarshall described that “We look at every asset and think, would it be ok to show this to a 7 year old?” so think to yourself before uploading that exact same thing and if the answer is no think about what the reason for that might be.
  1. Don’t upload white images, most of the time white images look normal but when you apply a black background to it, it might not be as innocent as before so if you are uploading something white describe what your uploading.
  2. If you upload an image with another language on it, make sure to write in the name what that says on the shirt.
    I hope you benifit from these tips!
    If you want to learn some more about moderation check out the RDC presentation here: Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub
26 Likes

This means to describe whats happening in the asset. For instance, if you own a hospital game and you wanted to make a Medicine container which holds asprin tablets, you will find that it will most likley be rejected if you named it “Medicine Container” or “Asprin Tablets”. A way to avoid this is by naming it & on the decal write in large words: “Vitamin D” or something. This will make your chances of it being accepter higher.

Seems like your telling people to break the rules and lie about what it is.

5 Likes

No, I’m giving a demonstration of how moderation can be confused. Incase your confused, I am giving an example my friend gave me who owns the largest hospital chain on Roblox and he commonly has problems with moderation. I was showing how easy assets can be seen differently.

Have your friend tried contacting Roblox Support about his situation?

1 Like

I don’t understand how it would simply be innapropriate if you apply a black background?

I think this should be in Community tutorials. Correct me if I’m wrong.

No, he means be careful handling white images that you never created/from toolbox. Sometimes it’s something inappropriate in a white text, that when put on a white background, becomes disguised.

Tell me if I am wrong but anyone and I mean anyone can but anything bad in that background.

Just replying to the title I have been falsely moderated before but I know some famous developers bypassing the moderation system by posting nsfw content as a test on their games.

Overall the moderation needs to improve and the developer I am referring to not mentioning any names but he needs to be kicked off the developer team and completely be banned off roblox.

If he sees this then idc but he probably not the only one.

One thing you did not mention was to upload assets on an alt account as to avoid your main getting false moderations on their account since I have seen some misunderstanding that actually resulted in loss of the account. Luckily I have only ever been given warnings.

This means to describe whats happening in the asset. For instance, if you own a hospital game and you wanted to make a Medicine container which holds asprin tablets, you will find that it will most likley be rejected if you named it “Medicine Container” or “Asprin Tablets”. A way to avoid this is by naming it & on the decal write in large words: “Vitamin D” or something. This will make your chances of it being accepter higher.

Yes we can avoid false moderation by justifying the moderation.

The ‘white image’ one is completely correct. It took a few uploades for them to allow my Infection icon which was fully white with a transparent background.

Usually malicious users upload a swear and turn it completely white, since I doubt there’s a darkmode for Roblox moderation, the white swear word is hidden. Thank you bypassed decal uploaders!

1 Like

" * Back in the 2018 RDC the admin WindmillMarshall described that “We look at every asset and think, would it be ok to show this to a 7 year old?” so think to yourself before uploading that exact same thing and if the answer is no think about what the reason for that might be."

Ah yes, the famous “We take a look at everything”
I still wonder why it takes so long to get those simple assets that contain an inappropriate image/model hidden by a big block moderated