How to award UGC Limiteds ingame?

I just played a game that has this choice, (and actually got it this way). You would make a developer product and/or gamepass, and check if they bought it. If they did, you would prompt the free UGC. Thats how most UGC creators go about making it.

2 Likes

Ok. That’s smart, but is there no cleaner, more official way to do this?

No, because you need to let the user buy it. There is no support for making a free and paid version. You can’t force it in their inventory. Only other option is to make 2 Limiteds, one paid one free, but that doesn’t make sense

I think he did it by the “Experience by Place ID Sale Location.”
Here is something from Roblox:

more like 10 milliseconds (seriously, when i refresh every time a ugc limited releases, it gets sold out)

ok, can you show how you got the answer for others who may have the same issue??

1 Like

MarketplaceService:PromptPurchase(plr, itemid)

2 Likes

@colmidy

Isn’t that the solution I provided you with??

4 Likes

Is there any way to get the stock of a UGC limited? I don’t want players to be confused and just see the limited not being able to be bought, but have them realize that the stock is all gone. Thanks!

Use MarketplaceService:GetProductInfo() And check out the Remaining property

This topic may interest you:

Short answer: game.MarketplaceService:GetProductInfo(itemId).Remaining

4 Likes

any help on how to make it so when you step on a part, the prompt appears?

local Market = game:GetService("MarketplaceService") -- Market!
--
local debounce = false -- Ony One Per Time.
--
local ItemID = 0 -- Change With Your ItemID
--

function BuyItem(thing)
	if game.Players:FindFirstChild(thing.Parent.Name) and debounce == false then -- Check If Player Exists
		debounce = true -- Debounce
		local plr = game.Players:FindFirstChild(thing.Parent.Name) -- Set Player To The Player Intance, not the name
		print(plr.Name.. " Touched The Part: " ..script.Parent.Name) -- Printer, Can be removed
		Market:PromptPurchase(plr, ItemID) -- Purchase!
		task.wait(1) -- Debounce
		debounce = false -- Same
	end
end

function PPFinished(User, BuyedAsset, isPurchased) -- Verify Status Of Player Purchase
	if BuyedAsset == AssetID  then
		if isPurchased then -- If Purchase is sucessfull do things
			print("Purchase Completed. AssetID: " ..BuyedAsset.. ", Player: " ..User.Name)
		else -- Same but if NOT sucessfull
			warn("Purchase Canceled. AssetID: " ..BuyedAsset.. ", Player: " ..User.Name)
		end
	end
end

script.Parent.Touched:connect(BuyItem) -- Buy Prompt
Market.PromptPurchaseFinished:Connect(PPFinished) -- Prompt Output
5 Likes

I still do not understand how I could upload the UGC to Roblox, as an item sold in the game only.

Upload it as normal, but when you put it for sale there would be an option to choose in experiences only.

1 Like

Thank you for replying! I will need to apply for UGC Creators right?!

1 Like

Yes, you can do it here. Or you can verify your age by going to your account settings. By verifying you can get access to ugc.

is it possible to get a ugc creator to create a custom UGC, and I link to to my game?

Yes, but they most likely would charge you Money/Robux. Also they would have to link it to ur game, becuase I don’t think Roblox gives people the ability to edit the item. I do recommend they upload the UGC to your group so you can make profits off it.

Yeah That will be hard, as on the application, I would have to always make ugc, and also show off my “skills” which I think It would take a long time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.