Temporary Issue with “Experience By Place ID” Sale Location

isn’t it back already? I’ve seen people make in game limiteds over the past 2 days

Doesn’t seem to be back yet and if it is where’s the documentation for the changes since I’d assume there has to be new code for it to convert to serverside usage? Can you link me to the ingame limiteds you saw? And to be specific, this refers to the Experience by Place ID as the sale location option if there was any confusion.

1 Like

Yeah, I did two. You’re probally refering to mine lel. We uploaded before the feature was disabled.

Is there any update on this? This is potentially affecting our planned game launch on June 23rd.

2 Likes

In addition to giving creators more control over how the item is granted , It would be great if we could implement a safeguard for the max # of items a player can claim for these in experience only ugc items. Since games might only want a player to be able to claim an item once.

1 Like

Hi Creators,

On June 29, we will be re-enabling the creation of Limited avatar items with the Experience by Place ID Sale Location. We will have resolved the issue and bad actors will no longer be able to take advantage of past exploits that allowed them to bypass implemented tasks for in-experience-only UGC Limited items.

This will come with some changes to PromptPurchase for the in-experience purchasing of Limiteds. PromptPurchase must now be called from the Server in order to successfully facilitate the purchase of a Limited item. This will affect the in-experience purchasing of all UGC Limiteds, not just those with the Experience by Place ID Sale Location. Successful purchases of non-Limiteds can still be prompted from the Client.

Users must also be updated to the latest version of Roblox in order to successfully make in-experience purchases of Limiteds. If using this feature, please remind users to update their app, otherwise their purchases will fail. Based on historical update adoption rates, we expect to have 90% adoption of the required app version by the start of July. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In the meantime, we have been and will continue to investigate and take action against users found to be using exploits or otherwise violating the Roblox Community Standards or Terms of Use.

Thank you for your continued patience.

61 Likes

I have idea

make ugc items rewards badge update

7 Likes

Definitely would like an :AwardItem() API as a longterm fix. Thank you for at least bringing it back in this capacity though.

5 Likes

give us a possibility to put common ugc items non limited obtainable only from badge!!!

4 Likes

This is perfect. Appreciate you guys for giving us an update on the situation.

1 Like

Couldn’t we just get some new security option that disables calling all of the MarketplaceService purchase methods on the client?

1 Like

This would be an amazing idea! Of course Roblox would have to find a way to implement it, but I would love to see this someday

2 Likes

A good way to stop marketplace exploits would be to use a separate native window embedded into the same client, because it won’t show up in videos recorded using the XBOX game bar, and because the separate native window has a different layer that the operating system handles, which means exploiters won’t be able to put any in-experience GUI elements on top of it anyway.

It doesn’t have to be bordered, just add it as a child of the Roblox client window.

1 Like

Hi Creators,

Unfortunately, we have had a slight delay on our rollout of this fix.

We are actively working through this and expect to roll out the fix soon. We will continue to keep you updated.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

56 Likes

That’s ok, as long as we can get it working again soon that’s all that matters!

4 Likes

No me la container

hope it fix soon

1 Like

Take as much time as you need.

1 Like

Take your time. Once the patch is ready to ship, will we also get an estimated time for its arrival?

4 Likes

Can you clarify delay please. If this means after the 29th? Or if you were planning to roll it out sooner and its delayed.

1 Like

If they were planning to release it sooner but just had to push back to the original date then they probably wouldn’t have announced it. You can probably presume that it is just delayed until after the 29th.

1 Like