How to award UGC Limiteds ingame?

It is possible, I’ve seen games do it. I believe it can be done using a badge or something of that matter.

6 Likes

It would have to be either by awarding a badge or prompting a user to claim the prize item through marketplace service. If any game was allowed to just insert any asset into players’ inventories unprompted that might be a security risk, with infected models and whatnot.

5 Likes

Ingame UGC, Sell by place id. Stuff like that.

3 Likes

You can do it with a PromptPurchase, but only from the server side

And the item must be set to either be sold in the catalog, or have your Place ID set to allowed

Here you have information:

4 Likes

nah that wont work, ppl will just cop it in 5 minutes from catalog, needs to be offsale on catalog and only available for doing smthn in game

5 Likes

How they award them is a purchase prompt would come up and the player would buy it for 0 rbx.

Example

local itemId = 13753760092 -- Change to the ID of your item.
local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
script.Parent.MouseButton1Click:connect(function()
	game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):PromptPurchase(player, itemId)
end)

Currently Roblox is working on a way for ugc limiteds to be for sale ingame only!!

13 Likes

ik this may be a bit off topic but can u do the same with clothes?

2 Likes

yes! you can do for every Item Type

2 Likes

If we’re talking about UGC limiteds and not random library models this shouldn’t be an issue, those are highly moderated and if an individual is found to upload malicious items they get removed from the program, and the malicious item gets deleted.

I’m not a UGC creator, but I assume they may not even be able to insert things such as scripts in their creations.

1 Like

dont answer pls if u dont know anything about what im talking about, no toxicity just fr

Your question has already been solved by @Msgme_4issues and @Queenlxys. Basically, UGC creators can make limiteds that can only be purchased from experiences with specific ids, the way that purchase works is by calling PromptPurchase on the server of that experience with an in-game player instance, and the id of that specific UGC item as arguments.

So as a UGC creator, a user can make an item free(I think) but only purchasable through a specific experience, then they prompt the user with the free purchase by running PromptPurchase on the server, the user clicks the get/buy button of the purchase core UI and the UGC limited is added to their account.

PS: I just noticed their reply is meant to run in the client environment/LocalScript, for security reasons, Roblox requires you to run PromptPurchase on the server environment through a Script to give players Limited UGC items, so exploiters can’t bypass the in-game tasks associated with them.

PS 2: I’m not a UGC creator, this reply is based on the forum post by Roblox linked above, if a UGC creator finds any errors in this post, please point them out.

7 Likes

When I was working on the Black Adam event I was given a module from one of the roblox devs to use to give players their UGC items. It was done through badges if I remember. It would just award the badge and the player would automatically get the UGC item. This is how they did it in Roblox events. No clue how it all worked internally though.

Although I see games on roblox that give out UGC items very recently that do it some other way

They don’t have a badge so maybe they do your prompt method? I’m tempted to just play this game to find out tbh. But I’m assuming your correct.

5 Likes

I think I’ve already answered your question above. Was there anything else about this topic I missed that’s not answered??

1 Like

its a serverscript
not localscript

I don’t know what your wanting but here is an example on how to do it in a server script its pretty much the same way as I show above. I put the script in serverscriptservice. When a player joins in 10 seconds they would get the prompt to buy/get their item.

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
wait(10)
	local itemId = 5275823807 -- Change to the ID of your item.
game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):PromptPurchase(player, itemId)

end)
1 Like

Please mark as solution if it solved the problem. Also let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

found out how to do it myself, thanks for helping

Could you tell us how did you ended up doing it?

1 Like

How did you do this? In the future, please only mark solutions with the real solution to your issue so others won’t have to make reposts and can benefit from your post as well. Thanks!

This question is not only directed towards you, but more so to UGC Creators. How would it be possible to set the price when rewarding a UGC item? i.e.: Prompting a purchase for free if they accomplish a task provided in-game, but allowing them to purchase it for robux in-game as an alternative. I am not a UGC Creator so this is more confusing. Thanks!

(for reference, it was done in this game.)

This item was purchasable for 400 robux I believe. It was also rewarded for free through getting something done in the game. How was this done?

2 Likes