How to bring a model to you ( roblox studio )

Hello,

Lets say there’s a part or model 100000 studs away, now, I know how to go to that quickly by pressing " F ", what bout bringing the model to you? Instead of using the move tool ( with the arrows ).

In other words:
Instead of going to the models position, you bring that model to your position, really quickly.

1 Like

Im pretty sure you can use something like PathFindingService() for this.

We cant bring the model to the camera?, like how we go to a model to a model by pressing F, just reversed, I’m looking for a short cut

So you want the model to come to the character, correct?

1 Like

No not while playing the game, when editing

Ohh, so thats what you mean. I think roblox studio has a snap to model or something like that. I’ll look really quickly.

Does this mean, taking you to the model or bringing the model to you?

I think this term can apply for both.

Select the model in explorer, open the properties tab and manually change its position to where you are.

Where do I find my current position?

Just use the baseplate’s position or put a part in the place you want to bring the other model to.

I guess this is the work around, I wish there was a short cut for this :frowning:
Thank you though

No problem. Be sure to mark it as a solution if it helped.

Damn, I really wish Roblox had a feature for this. :sob:

Thanks @SkyStoleMyCookies. :slight_smile:

I looked through the settings, there is not way currently for doing this.

The easiest way to do this is to Ctrl + X (cut) on the object, select another object close to you, and Ctrl + V (paste). This works for all object types, including Parts, Models, and other objects:

Could Studio benefit from a tool that lets this happen more cleanly? Probably. Is what I’m suggesting a workaround that’s so easy to do that it makes a tool more-so redundant? Also probably :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Put this in the command bar:

game.Workspace.modelname:MoveTo(workspace.Camera.CFrame.Position)
1 Like