How to build hype and gain players?

Hey! I am currently working on a game. I have not announced it yet but I would like to ask how to gain ‘hype’ I guess would be the way to put it. How do I gain a player base without having to spend an outrageous amount of robux on advertising when the game comes out.

I have started a tiktok page and it has done alright so far but I have only been on it for a day. What other ways would I be able to use to gain a follower base for when I do announce the game?

3 Likes

Use twitter, discord, youtube, tiktok, instagram, reddit and so much more! Firstly go to youtube because that could get you some people, once you have a small player base and you have earned around 1k robux, then use that robux for advertising then you will get an even bigger player base!

2 Likes

What you could also do is join smaller twitch and Youtube communities and once you have a been apart of the community for a while ask them to play your game. Even if they have like 25 people watching that’s still 25 people that might join your game and tell their friends.

There also are many discord servers where you can advertise your games and those work pretty well I’d say.

What @Ulxqra said about once you have 1k robux or so then start advertising or sponsoring your games.

Also if you have the money INVEST in your game! Buy some robux to kickstart your game. Your game is like a business you need to invest in it for it to grow. But this could backfire later on if you don’t make any profits.

3 Likes

Yeah, I will already be looking at spending a few thousand on advertising but thank you so much for all those suggestions. I will be using them! If anyone else has anymore then just reply to the topic.

Ask your friends to play it, and invite them. Make a system for instant you get like 1 coin every time you invite someone idk

3 Likes

Defiantly starting something on social media and adding tags to the posts such as #ROBLOX #RBLXDEV or other tags that can get the name out there, doing a little bit of sneak peaks. If you are in discord servers that have a place to display personal work, show it there. Its free to show and also lets people see and get an interest in your game.

3 Likes

Sponsor your game definately, I did it to mine, And I dont regret it. If you want something stable i recomend around 2k - 5k per day

1 Like

Would you say it is better to use advertisements or rather sponsor the game? I get that each game is different but in general which would you say is better.

I’ve had real good luck with sponsoring, I sponsored with 1k and came back with 5 concurrent players.

second time i came back with 10 players.

and now without me paying for anything, Its grown to 30 - 40 players.

And its got 450k visits

So i reccomend sponsoring, Just get a good thumbnail

1 Like

In regard to the previous replies, sponsoring has definitely worked for one of my games whereas advertising would work around 30% of the time for me. Once your game has a good base under it, the best way to gain a playerbase in my experience is to take it to YouTube. Many YouTubers look for new interesting games to make interesting videos, and if they choose your game then an unpredictable amount of people will watch your game and want to try it too.

Hope this helped!

2 Likes

1k robux won’t do anything… 10k robux is the base minimum if you want to gain real results

1 Like

I personally like dev logs but that’s just me. I guess that falls under the “YouTube” category

2 Likes

Ok I see everyone here talking about advertising on roblox but from my own experience if you don’t have a lot of robux say like only 1-5k don’t even bother trying to advertise on roblox because it’s a waste of money you don’t get many players and the ones that do join probably won’t play again.

Instead of buying robux and wasting your money use that money to pay a youtuber or influencer to play your game, that way you get permanent advertisement.

Don’t waste robux on ads I wasted 10k and only have 7k visits to show for it

1 Like

Your problem isn’t with roblox’s advertisement system, it must have been with your whole game and not so good advertisement strategy… Make a good game and prepare very good targetting ads if you want to attract certain type of players. More “normal/average” ads will bring you players, but they probably won’t be interested in your game whereas targetted ads will bring you less but more loyal players. You have to think it before placing money.

1 Like

Get smallish YouTubers (like 1-10k subs) to play your game, and then you’ll attract a decent following. Also, advertise your game on discord servers and stuff. Other social media like TikTok is easy to get a following on. So take advantage of that.

1 Like

1 to 10k subs will do nothing, they will bring you wayyy less than the minimum 5 concurrent player needed to make the game a bit viable. Get at least 100k subs, and then just keep pouring 10k R$ per day if you want serious results.

1 Like

come on man are streamers with 100k subs even gonna notice you man

1 Like

Make a trailer for the game in video form and casually show all the coolest things about it.

1 Like

That’s why its hard to kickstart well a game my friend. A good streamer/youtuber with 100k subs will give you instant exposure, but also long term while ads are daily