How to center objects to axis, Skip having to export from the origin point entirely!

Heyo artists! A very annoying small problem we all eventually encounter in our careers is that if we don’t export from the origin point the model won’t be centered in our 3D programs.

Fortunately I have a solution! I’m unsure if Blender has something like this, but if anyone knows feel free to put it in the comments and I’ll mark it as a solution.

So how do we ignore the hassle of centering everything in Roblox Studio?

Simple! We use the “Center Axis To” command in Cinema 4D. This can be found under the mesh drop down menu.

Mesh > Axis Center > Center Axis To

Here’s how to use it:

First: Import your object, it does not matter if it is centered or not. (but this is used for off centered objects)

Here you see I’ve imported a small crate model that is very off center

Next we want to go within the crate grouping and select ALL the parts.
imageimage

Be sure to select all the actual parts and not the group of parts.
imageimage

After we’ve selected all the parts we will go to the mesh drop down menu and click on “Center Axis To”.

After we have centered the axis we want to select only the parts of the object and not the group, then change the position to (0,0,0) and regroup it!

• In order to regroup it just select all the parts and press Alt + G!

That’s all! Know you know that you don’t need to export always from the origin point and can export from any point actually. All it takes is a few clicks and you can have it centered in a few seconds! Let me know if you have any trouble or need some clarification!

3 Likes