How to change a sound's RollOffMode

Good point. I’ve now edited the original post to contain all the info relating to this problem.

1 Like

Strange, I get a smooth sound fade out with the same setting:

although, linearsquare seems to give a better effect in my opinion:

As stated, InverseTapered may be your best bet.
What I do to get rid of the ‘sudden’ decrease in sound is increase my RollOffMinDistance to about 1/4 of the Max distance (fine tune it for larger distances).

1 Like

Interesting—that’s exactly what I’m trying to achieve. My game was created 2021 so perhaps some sound-related setting is outdated. Earlier you mentioned that Volumetric Audio should be off. Are you referring to the property in SoundService?

To see if this is the problem I’ll test in a new baseplate like you did

Wow, making the baseplate like you did made me realize the problem didn’t occur universally.

Peering into the SoundService settings of the problematic game then revealed a little setting called RollOffScale was set to 0.1, when it should have been 1

So please @Sir_Highness, please do the honors. What should I do to resolve the issue?

Uh, set RollOffScale to 1? But, the documentation says this setting does not apply to Linear but its worth a try I guess.

Another thing I noticed when testing in that baseplate was that if I set the volume of the sound too high(like 10) I would get more of a ‘cutoff’ at the edge of the limit.

Oh wow you solved the problem thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.