How to change current roblox studio material option to old one

Hello everyone, how are you?

Could you guys help me on how I can change this “Material Manager” to the default roblox materials? I am not able to change the material of my objects with this option and I prefer the previous option.

I’m not able to understand how this current system of materials works, if you can tell me how to go back to the previous one, I’d appreciate it

5 Likes

pretty sure you just open up a place, click File, click Beta Features then search up “Material” and disable it

1 Like

To disable it go into the Explorer window click on MaterialService and disable Use2022Materials.

13 Likes

You can disable it in FILE > Beta Features

Also you apply materials to parts with this button:

6 Likes

You cannot disable it anymore, is there a way to revert to the old system now its no longer a beta feature? The new system is clunky and requires the use of an annoying widget

1 Like

Nope, but you can enable list mode in the material manager and hide the sidebar to make it sort of similar to the old dropdown. Im sure there is a bunch of plugins that do something similar to the old dropdown as well.

how can this list mode be enabled?

Top right of the material manager:

Then hide the sidebar with this button:

Looks like this:

1 Like

yeah its not really helpful, Roblox should allow us to use the old dropdown menu, it was more convenient and user friendly, I dont see why they couldn’t just add more materials to the list. They’ve done the same thing they did to terrain manager to materials. Its horrible and not remotely user friendly.

3 Likes

You could use the material box in the properties tab as that’s pretty much the same as the old drop down menu

2 Likes

Honestly I feel the same, Its very tedious being forced to do more to simply change the material. The old material drop down was alot better imo.

4 Likes

Thats what I have been doing, its alot easier to use for me than the current one.

1 Like

Go into Explorer then go into “MaterialService” scroll down to “Material Pack” then click “Use2022Materials” to be unticked, this will give you the old textures back. Hope this helps.

20 Likes

It would be nice if there was a way to simultaneously use the old and new materials, as the new materials are fantastic but the old ones are also useful in their own right.

1 Like