How to change hovering mouse icon

Issue: I don’t know how to change the hovering mouse icon

Video:

Solutions I’ve tried: I haven’t been able to find any on the dev forum or anywhere else

1 Like

The following code snippet will change the local player’s mouse’s cursor to an image of a dragon for 5 seconds before reverting back to normal.

local players = game:GetService("Players")
local player = players.LocalPlayer
local mouse = player:GetMouse()

mouse.Icon = "rbxassetid://163023520"
task.wait(5)
mouse.Icon = ""

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/property/Mouse/Icon

What i mean is that when hovering over a gui button or core gui it changes to a different mouse other than the regular one.

did you ever figure it out? ive been trying to do this too i need help!

Here, @OverDayLight, try this!

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local Player = Players.LocalPlayer
local Mouse = Player:GetMouse()

local frame = script.Parent

frame.MouseEnter:Connect(function()
	Mouse.Icon = "rbxassetid://163023520" -- Change the id to whatever you want your mouse cursor to be.
end)

frame.MouseLeave:Connect(function()
	Mouse.Icon = ""
end)

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This will not work on buttons of any sort as the hovering mouse icon that can’t be changed by default overrides the default icon that can be changed by default. The only place where this would work is on a frame, or anything else that has the .MouseEnter property but doesn’t change the mouse icon to the hovering one. There is another workaround to this, and that is to totally disable the mouse icon from showing up, creating your own ScreenGui with an ImageLabel, and making it move to the invisible mouse icon’s position every frame using RunService.RenderStepped. The only downside to this is that the ‘fake’ hovering mouse icon will appear below all the Core Gui. If you still want to use this workaround and don’t care about the downside I just mentioned, you can check out this video.

And as of writing this, there is no ‘official’ or ‘built-in’ way to change the hovering mouse icon. I believe that this has been a feature request for at least a few years now, so they might introduce it in the future.

1 Like