How to change mesh color?

How do I change MESH color? No idea, maybe because i’m using Hat exchange of accessory?
https://gyazo.com/4d2f4c7e02e5759d596e964754bed5d0

4 Likes

Maybe use MeshPart instead of mesh in a part?

1 Like

But I would have to change all my code :u

No you wouldn’t, just rename the meshpart to “Mesh”

1 Like

VertexColor properties in Mesh objects are very different than the textures that go on them. If you want to change the color of the hair, while having it still look like hair, you’ll have to change the actual texture.

The trouble is that, it’s not my Mesh, at all, It’s a free model hair (clearly)
So yeah, the weird thing, is that, when I insert it from toolbox… image It shows the correct color…any idea?

You can rip the texture image from the mesh, just use the AssetId that’s in the Texture property. That’ll bring you to the AssetId’s web page, and you can download the texture from there to edit.

4 Likes

I’m not a modeler, or like a builder, I suppose I use blender right?

For the textures, I suppose he means to get the TextureID and then save it, after that I think he means edit it however you please using editing software. I don’t think he means Blender.

For textures you can use Blender to paint it, but in this situation it might be best to use an image editing software like Paint . Net or alternative.

Edit, wait, for the first post, where you’re having trouble, is there any texture on the hair at all? It’s really hard to tell. If that’s your issue, the solution is much easier than, say, make the hair blonde.

Yes, but, what I mean, why it’s working once I insert it from toolbox, and not when I change meshid, Because of TextureId?

Can you show a picture of the properties of the Mesh object? As well as describe what your final goal for this is.

Wait, nvm, I think I sorted it out, it was because I wasn’t changing the Texture, and I was using 1 hair texture, for all the meshes, so the color (black) of the Old hair texture, was setting onto the mesh texture