How to change player's avatar type?

Hi, I’m making a character customizer and I would like to change the character’s avatar type (for example to this modelimage ).

How would I do this?

step 1. get that model (find it in toolbox or something)
step 2. change model name to StarterCharacter
step 3. move to StarterPlayer

if you cant move the avatar find “humanoidrootpart” and unanchor it

I would like to be able to change it after the player has already spawned, how would I do that?

ive used this tutorial in the past for a character selection gui, you may remove the parts you dont want: How to make Character selection GUI | Roblox studio tutorial - YouTube

Thanks! this helps. However isn’t there any way to change the model instead of swapping the character to another model?

only made a few minor edits, tried making it more readable:

See if using HumanoidDescription instances answers your question (Open the link, and read)

I’m not 100% sure what you’re looking for, however, in a server-side context:

1. After you’ve read about HumanoidDescription instances, initialize one prior either in studio or (make sure to write the asset ids of the BodyParts you desire)

1. Listen for the PlayerAdded event, and connect a function to it.

1. Using the Player object passed to the connected function, invoke the LoadCharacterWithHumanoidDescription() method and pass in a reference to the HumanoidDescription instance you created in step 1, as its only argument.

If this doesn’t answer your question, I may have misread your topic.

Side note:
To get the asset ids you need, simply go to the Catalog and copy/paste each of the asset ids of each BodyPart and write them into the HumanoidDescription instance’s properties (in studio or through a Script).

I literally found what I explained here after I wrote this, I could’ve just linked this in the first place. Didn’t see that when I started typing this post:

Edit with additional information:
For the package you’ve shown in your topic, here are the ids for the BodyParts that you could set the HumanoidDescription instance BodyParts properties to, that you can apply to a Player or Humanoid:

Right Arm: 376531012
Left Arm: 376530220
Right Leg: 376531703
Left Leg: 376531300
Torso: 376532000

2 Likes