How to change ProximityPrompt style to Default by code?

I need help trying to find the code for switching the style of a ProximityPrompt. So I’m messing around with ProximityPrompts and for some reason no one knows why Custom Prompts don’t work with mobile except for if it is set to default.

I can’t explain why I can’t just go to properties and switch the style back to default so instead I’m trying to make a code that detects if a player is on mobile but I can’t find a way to switch the Prompt back to default from code.

You should read into ProximityPromptService which will give you the events you need to create custom GUIs for the prompts

The prompts themselves also export events that do functionally the same thing, if you want more of a reference, you can also read the default proximity prompt code here: (this file is a bit large)

1 Like

Thx but I couldn’t find what I was looking for. I’m trying to do something like prompt.Style = (default style) but I can’t find anything related.

Oops, didnt read your post fully. My belief is that the code you’re using to render the custom prompt has an error in it (why else would it refuse to work on mobile).

One thing I could suggest is using the emulator in Studio so you can see if you find the bug on mobile devices. If all else fails, you can change a prompt back using proximityPrompt.Style = Enum.ProximityPromptStyle.Default, I would still suggest trying to find the bug itself so everyone can have the same experience

1 Like

Thx for helping me out and it worked. I’ll eventually try and fix the bug but I’m going to have this for now. The custom Prompt is just a hand icon anyway lol.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.