How to change ROBLOX's vanilla terrain plugin settings?

I’ve tried searching for multiple plugins and ways to generate larger stretches of terrain using the height map feature. However, me being an amateur scripter, I find it difficult when people are vague about the ways they did it, simply saying “I did this” without explanation.

tl;dr I’m looking for ways to generate larger terrain stretches using the height map feature in the terrain plugin.

I mean, instead of that you could just download the part to terrain plugin, and just make a part that stretches out as far as you want it and then transfer it to terrain.

I apologise if I misunderstood something here!

It’s funny that you mention this issue. Take a look at the beta features that were released today. You’ll find a surprise there.

2 Likes

I don’t seem to be able to find the beta features that ROBLOX released today. Could you link it?

You will see the tool if you go to Settings->BetaFeatures. This will open up a window where you can turn on the Convert Tool for the Terrain Plugin.

1 Like

you could try my plugin

https://www.roblox.com/library/4772312435/TerrainFill

its more scalable/flexible then the current beta convert tool (because you can resize the terrain offset and im providing triangle terrain creation plus mesh splitting functionality) and you can grab the code to add any changes you want, hopefully they update the beta convert tool to something more suitable because it doesn’t always fill a part correctly as of now.

1 Like